Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
QuirkyTurtle

Battlefield 1: Realism vs Playability

I recently watched a LevelCapGaming video about how Battlefield 1 is not realistic at all. He explained why that was and even used Battlefield 4 and Battlefield 3 as examples of games that do the same thing. I want to hear what other peoples' opinions on this topic. Do you wish that Battlefield 1 be more realistic like Verdun, or would that ruin the game by making it too realistic?

Link to the original video: 

I don't want a game to be realistic, I want it to be entertaining. realistic would mean 1 shot to the leg and you are stationary. one shot to the head and pretty much no defib in the world will help you. or if you got blown to pieces by an explosive device... ye try to patch that mess up...

I agree with you there Darknae, but at the same time having some level of realism like that can be exciting. Look at ARMA and Squad for example, those two are both realistic games and are still very fun to play

Sent from my SM-G935V using =ADK= Gaming Community mobile app

my experience with realistic games were ruined when I played Operation Flashpoint back in the days. don't know if the game glitched or if it was intended, but I was killed while sitting in the back of a truck in a transport sequence where I had no control over my character except for moving my head. so ye it was realistic, but it was no fun. 

the only realism I'd like to see is that the weapons behaves like they should in real life considering bullet drop, rate of fire and reloads. but I don't want to have weapons that can jam just because they do that in real life or a parachute that fails so you end up dead just because of chance.

but I guess it's hard to sell an ultra realistic game to the general masses. I mean there are always those to love those games but they are not a majority 

That is true, such is the reason that those kind of games arent marketed to the general masses. Plus i think games that have a much bigger multiplayer this can be a hinderance. Take a game like Far Cry 2 for example. It had single player with guns that had degration over time. The storyline for Far Cry 2 was subpar, but the mechanics worked really really well in my opiniob

I agree that no respawn is awful, but health regen is something that has only been a trend for the past few years, back when there were health pickups, even in games like Battlefield 1942. IMO Id like to see that trend come back