Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Oberst

Will the Game Run?

What kind of specs would you recommend to have for this game, I currently have an Alienware X51 stock everything, plus a shitty 2009 dell monitor.

Have you tried to run it yet on your current stuff? I would highly recommend waiting for the game to come out fully before you upgrade your hardware. That is, unless you are looking to upgrade right now and want a sort of benchmark to shoot for. The fact is, this game is going to be pretty demanding if you want to play on the highest graphic settings. As a PC enthusiast I have to implore you to at least look into building your own pc instead of buying a prebuilt again, reddit.com/r/buildapc is a great place to start that journey. Building from scratch is basically putting together a glorified lego set these days if you are comfortable with trying.

Also, it is important to note that there has been little to no graphics optimization yet. So even if you try to play right now, don't expect stellar anything. Frames per second is also heavily influenced by the server right now so even on my 980ti sli i7 beast of a machine, I can only really get 20 -30 frames per second. That will change of course, lots of stuff is going to happen in the next three patches that will fundamentally change some key elements like the netcode. By the time the game comes out I expect it to be a standard benchmark people build machines against.

Let me know if you want actual specs, I am sure we can scare up some people with more reasonable builds than myself to give you solid advice (my build is pretty outlandish and non standard).

Edited by DecoyDrone

18 hours ago, DecoyDrone said:

Have you tried to run it yet on your current stuff? I would highly recommend waiting for the game to come out fully before you upgrade your hardware. That is, unless you are looking to upgrade right now and want a sort of benchmark to shoot for. The fact is, this game is going to be pretty demanding if you want to play on the highest graphic settings. As a PC enthusiast I have to implore you to at least look into building your own pc instead of buying a prebuilt again, reddit.com/r/buildapc is a great place to start that journey. Building from scratch is basically putting together a glorified lego set these days if you are comfortable with trying.

Also, it is important to note that there has been little to no graphics optimization yet. So even if you try to play right now, don't expect stellar anything. Frames per second is also heavily influenced by the server right now so even on my 980ti sli i7 beast of a machine, I can only really get 20 -30 frames per second. That will change of course, lots of stuff is going to happen in the next three patches that will fundamentally change some key elements like the netcode. By the time the game comes out I expect it to be a standard benchmark people build machines against.

Let me know if you want actual specs, I am sure we can scare up some people with more reasonable builds than myself to give you solid advice (my build is pretty outlandish and non standard).

Exactly all of this. I am DYING waiting for this game to come out because I swore not to upgrade my pc until it does, and I plan on going pretty high end. I was thinking the real PU would be the trigger but S42 is starting to look pretty good since I might be able to get a 1080ti around then...

...but until that day I'm happy enough with my old mid range system (GTX 770+SSD on med-high settings). Couldn't find any solid specs on the X51 but it looks recent enough to be quite playable as it is now, especially at 1080p. But like Decoy said, you kind of have to just play the game and see for yourself (if you don't own it yet, wait for a free-fly week and give it a try risk free!)