Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 

If you're a student then you can save the extra $120 and get a genuine Win10 Pro equivalent for free. It's what I did.

http://onthehub.com/download/free-software/windows-10-education-for-students/

Also if you don't have a decent monitor or other peripherals like a keyboard and mouse and maybe some speakers, try not to forget about it and set some money aside for those. Other than that it depends on how much money you still have left to spend.

I should also probably mention that the site only gives you an activation/product key with no download link(or at least it was like that when I got it). You have to go to Microsoft and got to this support page to actually download it:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/vlacademicwindows10

Edited by Reetik2000

On 7/7/2016 at 3:02 AM, Crypticxuprise said:

Hi i'm thinking of building a new PC what kinda hardware should i get i know that i want a gtx 970/i5 6600k but the rest i dont this would be my first pc build?

What is your budget? It is easier to help when you know the budget. :)

@akaJJ have you ever thought about building your own? It isn't too hard and it can actually be quite fun! I've built about 4 or 5 so far and am looking to start getting parts for another.

@akaJJ have you ever thought about building your own? It isn't too hard and it can actually be quite fun! I've built about 4 or 5 so far and am looking to start getting parts for another.

I haven't built my own yet. The 2 computers I've had over the 13 years I've been using PC for gaming I've upgraded pretty much every piece in both systems, but they were both pre built. The 1st one I had for 7 years and it had a PCI card slot. Then I got the one I have now with the i7 and pci-e slot. So I just keep upgrading as needed instead of buying all new parts.

Sent from my SM-N920T using =ADK= Gaming Community mobile app

11 hours ago, akaJJ said:

I haven't built my own yet. The 2 computers I've had over the 13 years I've been using PC for gaming I've upgraded pretty much every piece in both systems, but they were both pre built. The 1st one I had for 7 years and it had a PCI card slot. Then I got the one I have now with the i7 and pci-e slot. So I just keep upgrading as needed instead of buying all new parts.

Sent from my SM-N920T using =ADK= Gaming Community mobile app

Sounds like you have a pretty solid go there. Most of nowadays prebuilts are actually pretty well suited for most gaming scenarios, so I see your point in not buying whole new parts. The place I work actually sells prebuilts that come with i7s and GTX 740s in them for a little under $800.

That's not bad, and a decent gpu would only cost you about another 150-250 anyways. I grew up around someone who always built their computers from scratch so I personally have never liked the idea of getting prebuilt machines, especially since most of them come with bloatware installed in the OS.

well this is my setup

if you want to compare

Asus Z170-A
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.0GHz Quad Core 8MB 95W
Crucial 32GB DDR4-2133 (2x16GB)
EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB ACX 2.0+
Onboard Sound
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SATA 6Gb/s 2.5inch SSD
Comments: Primary drive.
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA 6Gb/s 2.5inch SSD
Asus 24x DVD-RW SATA (Black)
Fractal Design Define R5 Titanium
EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 Power Supply
Corsair Hydro Series H60 CPU Cooler (Rev. 2)
Additional Cooling
Arctic Cooling MX-2 Thermal Compound
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU Overclocking 4.0GHz to 4.5GHz