Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 

I have been looking around and thinking of upgrading my Video Card

Here is the stats on my current setup

Spoiler

System Core
Motherboard
Asus Z170-A
CPU
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.0GHz Quad Core 8MB 95W
Ram
Crucial 32GB DDR4-2133 (2x16GB)
Video Card
EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB ACX 2.0+
Sound Card
Onboard Sound
Storage
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SATA 6Gb/s 2.5inch SSD
Comments: Primary drive. 
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA 6Gb/s 2.5inch SSD
Comments: Secondary drive. 
CD / DVD
Asus 24x DVD-RW SATA (Black)
Case / Cooling
Case
Fractal Design Define R5 Titanium
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 Power Supply
CPU Cooling
Corsair Hydro Series H60 CPU Cooler (Rev. 2)
Additional Cooling
Arctic Cooling MX-2 Thermal Compound Upgrade
Software
OS
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Software: Games
NVIDIA Bundle: The Division [with NVIDIA GTX 970 or higher]
Peripherals
Speakers
Logitech Z200 2.0 Channel 5W Speakers
Accessories
Services
CPU Overclocking
Warranty
Warranty: Lifetime Labor and Tech Support, 1 Year Parts

I am thinking of upgrading my EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB ACX 2.0+ to the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB I Am also thinking of getting the 2 more 16G ram upgrading from 32G to 64G. I am also thinking of getting the Corsair H1500 USB 7.1 Headset

I would like to have any comments of what parts i should upgrade to from looking at my current setup.

@Raziel23x

Unless you are swimming in money, why upgrade to the 1080?

I always view it as, what game are you playing that might force you to upgrade.

I don't know any game where your 980TI is going to suffer so much that you need the 1080.

Its your money but I just don't see a justification for the cost. 

Say you buy the 1080...a few months later 1080TI...then what? you buy the 1080TI? You can, but its an expensive hobby to do it that way.

I get Disability on the 3rd of each month and i try to set aside $50 here or there or $30. to set aside for upgrades

I only get SSD $997.70 a month.

I am just fishing for answer to what is better to wait on or get right away

I'm with Nova on this.  That 980Ti should play this gen games and next gen games just fine, so no real need to upgrade.  Of course bragging rights is bragging rights, hehe.

If you have to spend some money you could always buy a Intel 750 series 400GB PCIe hard drive, or even one of the M.2 hard drives to put on your motherboard.  Just thinking ;) 

If you have your heart set on it, cus I do agree with Wacko and Nova, there really aren't that many options out yet. What you really should do is wait towards like black friday or the christmas sales cus it's way too early right now. If you wait till then you'll not only have somewhat better prices but you'll have more options of cards with a bunch of different models released from the manufacturers. Honestly though, just keep the one you have, you've got a really high end card even if you want to go into the VR market. Just switch out your 500GB SSD for a 2TB Hybrid or get another monitor or something. Even then there's still a limit too how much you should spend and upgrade even if you do get an extra $900 a month. Set it aside for like a vacation or something.

9 minutes ago, Raziel23x said:

yea i see what you guys are saying i already spent close to $4,000.00 USD Building this PC as it is.....

Don't forget, you still need games to play on it.

As was mentioned depends. Depends on software and game etc... 

Some programs (generic term) may bottleneck on memory, CPU and/or GPU. The other side is each component needs to work well with each other to strike a good balance. Meaning (extremes) a old Pentium 4 with a 1080..... Well the 1080 isn't even going to sweat (i know it would never work anyways). So if you can't afford all top of the line parts, you have to strike a good balance where you minimize bottlenecks so each component can run at 100%.

Once again it all depends on what you run, but honestly your setup is fine, if anything MAYBE a sound card to reduce that work off the CPU and increase your sound quality. It took YEARS since XP/Vista change for sound cards to catch up (use to be almost required for decent sound). And they are around $100 pull price and on sale closer to $50 ish.  If utilized right it can give you a slight edge as you can hear more subtle noises like footsteps from further way, less chance a player sneaking up on you.

which sound card I should get 

1 hour ago, Bromance said:

As was mentioned depends. Depends on software and game etc... 

Some programs (generic term) may bottleneck on memory, CPU and/or GPU. The other side is each component needs to work well with each other to strike a good balance. Meaning (extremes) a old Pentium 4 with a 1080..... Well the 1080 isn't even going to sweat (i know it would never work anyways). So if you can't afford all top of the line parts, you have to strike a good balance where you minimize bottlenecks so each component can run at 100%.

Once again it all depends on what you run, but honestly your setup is fine, if anything MAYBE a sound card to reduce that work off the CPU and increase your sound quality. It took YEARS since XP/Vista change for sound cards to catch up (use to be almost required for decent sound). And they are around $100 pull price and on sale closer to $50 ish.  If utilized right it can give you a slight edge as you can hear more subtle noises like footsteps from further way, less chance a player sneaking up on you.

Which Sound Card Should I get?

Creative Sound Blaster AUDIGY RX 7.1 Channels PCI Express x1 Interface Sound Card

or

ASUS XONAR DSX 7.1 Channels PCI Express x1 Interface Audio Card

and here is a list of other sound cards i took a look at

List of Sound Cards

Edited by Raziel23x

On 7/9/2016 at 1:23 PM, Raziel23x said:

which sound card I should get 

Which Sound Card Should I get?

Creative Sound Blaster AUDIGY RX 7.1 Channels PCI Express x1 Interface Sound Card

or

ASUS XONAR DSX 7.1 Channels PCI Express x1 Interface Audio Card

and here is a list of other sound cards i took a look at

List of Sound Cards

I went with this: http://us.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-zx

I got it about a year ago on sale at Microcenter for $89.00. The headphone thing is pretty amazing

$90.99 on Amazon right now https://www.amazon.com/Creative-Blaster-Performance-Headphone-Desktop/dp/B009XDWUCQ

Edited by Bromance

I wish i could afford that price. I like the look of it but I am on disability and limited founds right now 

6 hours ago, Bromance said:

I went with this: http://us.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-zx

I got it about a year ago on sale at Microcenter for $89.00. The headphone thing is pretty amazing

$90.99 on Amazon right now https://www.amazon.com/Creative-Blaster-Performance-Headphone-Desktop/dp/B009XDWUCQ

Hell nah man. Get a hard drive for any material like movies and stuff instead. a 6TB

Edited by Zada

On 7/12/2016 at 6:54 PM, TorqueRanger said:

@Raziel23x

I am not sure if you would be interested but I have a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 zs sound (Model #SB0350)??? I will have to test to make sure it still works before I send it out..

let me know if you still have it and it functions

On 7/17/2016 at 9:20 PM, Raziel23x said:

let me know if you still have it and it functions

Sorry I did not forget  but my only rig got a nasty virus and I just got it some what up and running again .. But will keep you update ASAP..

Will try to get it tested in the next day or 2

Sorry again

2 hours ago, TorqueRanger said:

Sorry I did not forget  but my only rig got a nasty virus and I just got it some what up and running again .. But will keep you update ASAP..

Will try to get it tested in the next day or 2

Sorry again

Cool