Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Wacko920

My first impressions

Were not very good.  

I spent hours downloading the 33.1GB files for this game only to get a "File is corrupted, pls run file recovery if exists" message.  Of course file recovery doesn't exist so I had to search for an answer which turned out to be changing the name or deleting version.dat.  Once you do that you get to start your game and the download part comes up again and I got to wait about an hour and a half for it to finish.  Once it was finished I restarted my game and presto it works, sort of...

I created a character, chose the server and entered the world.  I'm feeling pretty good and the game looks great when (wait for it), I open a quest and the game freezes. I restart the game and play for about 10 minutes and I freeze again.  I restart my computer, start the game and in about 10 minutes of gameplay I freeze again.  Frustration!

I did a google search and it seems that others have been having the same issue since the last patch.  I have already updated all my drivers, windows, etc and my computer is plenty fast enough to run this game.  I played around with setting the game on low, medium and hi settings to see if that would help.  

If anyone has had the freezing issue and fixed it let me know how you did it.  Thanks

Edit:   I just tried playing again and it seems that it's the Black spirit quest  that it freezes on.  If I don't hit , and just kill things or run around the world I'm fine.  

Edited by Wacko920
added to post

@Wacko920 i would say wait for the next update day which shoulld be wed  unless its alot of people and they do a emergency patch. You should hop in the channels if you havnt already. Luckly for you the game doesnt really award exp for doing quests its more about the grind for lvl's so you can go and grind up some lvls then go back to the quest line to get the knowledge for energy and contribution xp you will need late game. 

im sure some of our officers would love to show you the ropes and teach you anything you need to know about the game. we can help you powerlevel if you are so inclined for the help. 

first bit of advice, dont sell any blackstones either armor or weapon even though they sell for a decent amount on the marketplace... you will need every last one later. 

@Thundarbunny @Bayudness would love to answer any questions you have in teamspeak. 

@Wacko920  Sorry to hear that your having a bit of trouble getting started.  There are a few bugs in the game as far as the game crashing.  I personally haven't run into many of them.  I will warn you now though the game is a grind fest.  And by grind fest I mean I've been playing this game since it came out and I still haven't acquired all of my best in slot gear.  But, out side of the mind numbing grind it's pretty fun.  Combat is pretty bad ass on all classes.  Crafting feels natural.  But hit us up on TS we'll be very happy to answer any questions you may have.

@Thundarbunny thanks for the reply.  I have played allot of mmo in the past both pay and free so I kind of expected the grind.  I also got past that quest point with a character and am having fun leveling her now.  I will definately hop on ts.

This has happened to me once before and what i did to fix the corrupted file was going into the files of the game and delete version.dat which then sent the game launcher into file recovery and fixed the problem for me.