Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
War_Adm1ral

Who are your favorite heros?

So the game is still new and not everyone has had a adequate time to really get to know each hero and their abilities. I am curious though what are everyone typical go to heros so far for each role. Why do you prefer it? 

Mine are as follows

Offense

Pharah

Icon-pharah.png 

I've had nothing but pure fun with Pharah. Especially when you can line up rockets to meet the path of another player moving. The visor ability in of it self is just amazing and I love having the ability to essentially fly and levitate mid air.

------------------------------------------------------------

Defense

Bastion

Icon-bastion.png 

I've had the least amount of experience with the defense role but I've found bastion to be effective in his ways. Get one or two of these guys and in the right spot can make an attacker push near impossible. I think its a little OP but hey it works even if it might be noobish.

Tank

D.Va

Icon-dva.png 

The tank role is another area that I haven't gotten much time in but I do feel D.Va is pretty efficient in her ways. It was hard to choose but I think Reinhardt and Roadhog are likely going to be my focus in the near future. The exploding mech is pretty deadly and quite effective in certain circumstances.

Support

Zenyatta

Icon-zenyatta.png 

I think all the supports are pretty effective in their own measures. I'm not to please with symmetra but from a single target perspective Zenyatta has great reach and range for quick shielding and healing and despite his low tolerance for damage he can dish out some nasty hits if you combine your orbs. I like lucio in some situations and Mercy is very useful in close ranges but being able to save a teammate at a distance by popping an orb of harmony is satisfying.

Edited by War_Adm1ral

This thread is a really great idea!

Here are my favorite heroes: 

Offense:

reaper.png   Reaper

• I love playing as Reaper because I can rush straight into an objective and be able to take down multiple enemy heroes really quickly.  I really like his two abilities, which are Wraith form, which prevents Reaper from taking any damage, and Shadow Step, which allows him to teleport.  Reaper's ultimate is also one of my favorites in Overwatch, since he can decimate an entire team with it, if the enemy heroes are close enough.  

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Defense:

widowmaker.png   Widowmaker

• Widowmaker is one of my favorite heroes in Overwatch because I love sniping :D.  I love that I'm able to use Widowmaker's Grappling Hook ability to get to places most other heroes cannot, as well as her Venom Mine, which is amazing for heavily damaging enemies, and making them an easy target.   Widowmaker's ultimate is also amazing because it essentially gives everyone on the team temporary wall-hacks, making it extremely easy to pick off targets.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tank:
roadhog.png   Roadhog

• Not being a huge fan of tank heroes, I don't play them very often.  However, when I do feel like playing a tank hero, Roadhog is my favorite.  I love that he can pull enemies toward him with his Chain Hook ability, and then finish them off quite easily with a blast from his Scrap Gun.  In addition to this, I really appreciate Roadhog's 'Take A Breather' ability, because being able to heal myself is really important to me, especially if I am taking a ton of damage from multiple enemies.  As for Roadhog's ultimate ability, I think it is awesome to use, but horrible to fight against, since it knocks back all the enemy heroes, and can knock heroes off the edge of the map.  

Support:

lucio.png   Lucio

• I'm not a huge fan of healers, but Lucio is actually pretty fun to play, because of his Crossfade ability, which either heals or speeds up friendly players, and also his Sonic Amplifier, which is awesome for knocking enemy heroes off the map.  I also really like Lucio's 'Amp It Up' ability, which hightens the strength of his healing or speed boosts, allowing teammates to regain a lot of health over a short time, or get to objectives insanely quickly.  As for Lucio's ultimate, it's nice because it gives friendly heroes shields, protecting them from damage.  
Edited by Snipe

Although I haven't played all that much since I have been busy, these are my favorite heroes from the beta/game: 

Offense:

100px-Icon-Soldier76.png?version=b858468  Soldier76

• One of my all time favorite heroes in the game. This guy is a total bad-ass. I want him to be my grandpa! This hero gives you the true definition of fast-paced and action packed. You get right into the action with your assault rifle taking down enemies as you go. Playing as this hero actually in a way reminds me of the medic class from Battlefield 3. You are able to take down enemies very quickly while being able to heal yourself a little bit. As a semi-competitive player, this is the hero I enjoy playing as the most. 

Defense:

100px-Icon-hanzo.png?version=24bbf2d0747  Hanzo

• I fell in love with this character from the very start. One of the main reasons being is that you need to have skill and aim to be able to play him. I've always played FPS games and being able to accurately aim at a target is something I've always been good at. I love that it's rewarding when you hit someone as Hanzo and do a ton of damage as well as the longer you draw-back your arrow the more damage it does on release. This class definitely takes patience and skill to play hence why I love it so much. 

100px-Icon-widowmaker.png?version=9042ed  Widowmaker 

• Just like Hanzo, I love Widowmaker for her sniping capabilities. One of the key features is that you can grapple to many places that other heroes can't reach allowing you to get an advantage over them. This hero definitely takes skill and you have to have fast reflexes. Her ultimate gives your team a huge advantage because the whole team basically has wall-hacks :D Plus who doesn't like her butt? ;) 

I don't actually play or have played many of the support/tank heroes. I mostly enjoy the defensive and offensive heroes the game offers. Maybe in the near future, I'll give the other heroes a try :) 

Soldier is byfar my favorite all around class. Dude can straight up solo a team if he gets to setup and knock em down. His heal is really great and the tactical visor is reallllllly good if you need to kill a healer in a hurry.

Second favorite would have to be junkrat, just pure fun to play and listen to.

Ive been playing a lot of reinhardt and widow maker over the past coulpe days Reinhardt is just to much fun when it comes to smooshing people and beating them with a hammer(or axe in my case)

Offense(Which I avoid playing):

Icon-genji.png?version=61b998ca38759750c    Genji - "izhbvlukhzvlkuhnlrukvhbnkn BIG DRAGON SWORD!"

• If there comes a time I just HAVE to be a true assault hero I try to play Genji. Usually doesn't end well. This is by far my least played category of hero, though I do think I want to try out Pharah some time in the near future. I like the idea of being good at tracer, but I don't think I have the reaction time.

Defense:

latest?cb=20141107223749    Torbjorn - "I think I've made improvements....to yer face"

• Depending on the type of defense and I am not on a Tank or Healer I go to Torbjorn. Back when TF2 first came out I tried to play engineer a lot and this guy feels like a direct successor. I won't say however that I feel very good with him, my turrets go down more often than not. Still a less broken feeling alternative to a Bastion. Also, he has some of the best voice lines.

Tank/Assault:
icon-right-menu.png  Zarya - "In Russia, game plays you"

• If I need to not be a healer, I usually pick Zarya. She's not as overtly tanky as the other heroes in her category, but she can usually live through a Reinhardt charge if you see it coming. Her ability to put barriers on allies and then her passive boosting her damage when they break makes her a good all around Hero in my opinion. My go to if I need to push an objective hard, with Reinhardt being a close second. Problem with him is it gets to tempting to use his charge and throw yourself into a hail of gunfire you can't escape from.

Support:

Icon-zenyatta.png?version=d4563a76072241  Zenyatta - "I will not...juggle"

• I love all the healers in some way, but Zenyatta is my favorite all around Hero, and the one I am best on I feel. Great damage and with a team that can focus a Discord target he becomes a terrifying herald of death. As an objective oriented player I feel most comfortable in a support role and will always play a heal unless someone else really wants it or a tank Hero is needed. Lucio is probably my second favorite support and I feel Symmetra is mis-categorized and should be counted as builder not support.

On May 28, 2016 at 4:33 PM, Wacko920 said:

Thats an easy one for me it's Lucio :)

That's a funny way to spell junkrat

i like to play flank routes and look for 1v1s and support picks , tracer / reaper/ genji are made for this but I find them to squishy  so I found that roadhog and pharra play the solo flank role well 

2 hours ago, ghandibot said:

That's a funny way to spell junkrat

i like to play flank routes and look for 1v1s and support picks , tracer / reaper/ genji are made for this but I find them to squishy  so I found that roadhog and pharra play the solo flank role well 

I have expanded my hero's :).  I still like lucio, but I also like mercy, soldier and of course junkrat :) 

Reaper, Mcree, Mercy, Ana, Zenyatta, Roadhog, Reinhardt are my go to characters but ive played them all and even for a time i would just hit continue when put into a match regardless of what hero it randomly selected for me and because of that im at least decent with most of them (except Genji i really suck at Genji)