Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
AOBLXIX

Will You Be Buying Battlefield 1?

Battlefield 1 First Look  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Will You Be Buying Battlefield 1?

I honestly don't know but I feel pretty certain I'm going to give it a try. To me it took to long to provide fixes to BF4 and hardline was a neat idea but probably wasn't best for the franchise. If they stay away from ridiculously powerful vehicles and skill less weapons I'm sure it'll be fun. I haven't bought an FPS in about 2 years so maybe its time.

Sent from my STUDIO ENERGY using =ADK= Gaming Community mobile app

Absolutely! It looks like an amazingly gritty game. With so many angles to play from, there's plenty of replayability in it. Bringing back analog aiming for vehicles is one of my favorite parts...while I'm awful at flying in BF4, I'm excited to learn in BF1!

I'm gonna hang back on buying it right away. $80 for a new game seems to be the standard nowadays for a new game, which as an old guy seems a bit much. And while I have the cash to blow, I think I want to get an opinion from my comrades who play it right away first. I will buy it, just not when it first comes out.

90% chance I will, but will decide in the beta. Why?

IMO Dice is partially to blame with battlefront and Hardline (After first Beta and Dice devs "helped") fail, and if no community run dedicated servers I will NOT buy it. Main reason I spend money on a gaming PC versus a PS4 is because I want to choose the mode(s) and map(s) i want to play and not deal with a MM (Match Maker) and forced to play maps I don't want to play on.

Only reason I DID NOT buy Battlefront was for the above reason and see other games fail on the PC (COD, Titanfall, Battlefront).

Edited by Bromance

i'm saving my money...to get that operation...to remove ea's/dice's foot from their ass...:)

i'm sure lots of people will buy it...hopefully they will get their moneys worth....and it will prob be fun...but the whole WW1 thing just doesn't do it for me...

I agree with @Bromance . I got real hyped for BF4 but came across disappointing net code for too long which set me in the mode of not jumping the gun to quick. As hardline turned out I by no means regret not buying it. I'm personally wanting something away from Modernish Warfare and only want future warfare if they remake 2142. Otherwise I think I will do much more investigation through beta before I make a sound decision on purchasing it or not. I also fear the move towards MM.

I will be giving this one a pass.  I have absolutely no interest in playing a game with "primitive" weapons and vehicles such as were common in WW1.  I was really hoping for a futuristic shooter ( like 2142).   I will keep an eye on the reviews, perhaps if enough people seem to be having fun with it and I can catch it on sale I might be persuaded to change my mind.  If there are no community run servers that would be another reason not to buy - note the disappointment that has become Battlefront...

I am for sure going to try the Beta, hardline was such a big disappointment, I certainly hope BF1 doesn't disappoint because it does look good. As much as I was hoping for 2143 I hope BF1 can keep the BF name going and be as fun.

Yes and I am surprised I haven't bought it yet. With the lack of other titles that I am interested in playing.....its worth the risk. I think{hope) DICE has learned the lessons from BF4 and Hardline. Nothing speaks louder to EA/DICE than $$$$ and they left a lot of it on the table because of their screw ups. If for no other reason, I think they get it right so they can make more $$$$$.

3 hours ago, Marcinkoman said:

Yes and I am surprised I haven't bought it yet. With the lack of other titles that I am interested in playing.....its worth the risk. I think{hope) DICE has learned the lessons from BF4 and Hardline. Nothing speaks louder to EA/DICE than $$$$ and they left a lot of it on the table because of their screw ups. If for no other reason, I think they get it right so they can make more $$$$$.

Good points

I would like to say that I will only buy it if they have dedicated servers run by the community but I will most likely end up getting it no matter what. I really want to dust off the joystick and have some proper dogfights.

After reading the news about BF1 implementing both macro and micro-transactions, I won't be buying BF1.

http://fraghero.com/ea-just-confirmed-two-of-the-most-hated-features-for-battlefield-1/

$80 for the initial release, then pay to play or win model doesn't sit well with me. Voting with my wallet.

I'm sure EA will once again receive the "Worst Company in America" award.

After reading the news about BF1 implementing both macro and micro-transactions, I won't be buying BF1.

http://fraghero.com/ea-just-confirmed-two-of-the-most-hated-features-for-battlefield-1/

$80 for the initial release, then pay to play or win model doesn't sit well with me. Voting with my wallet.

If this is truly the case. I will not be buying it either.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using =ADK= Gaming Community mobile app

I'm going to wait for reviews first. If the gameplay looks solid and people like it I'll probably wait till I can get it for $40 or less. Not gonna pay $60 for a download only game. I also wish they would allow the modding community to have a crack at the game. BF2 was largely influenced by the Desert Combat mod for 1942. There's also the BF1918 mod, another 1942 mod, which I think was mentioned during the BF1 unveil. I think they're just afraid that it will detract from sales of their own expansion packs.

On 5/19/2016 at 7:26 AM, Nexus6 said:

Almost all games have that model now. Pay to win yet to be determined but in game transactions doesn't "scare" me.. Almost every app for your phone has some type of transactions..... BF4 has them for battlebacks and short cuts

Edited by Bromance

I will definitely be buying BF1. I have been a long term CoD player but really need something new (no exo suits, supply drops or boost jumps)

The trailer is what really sold me though, especially the song :P

On Social Media I did announce i was getting the game. On this forum i will say i will get it probably play late night's with @Pepsi @NoxNoctus Burn our eye's out and get fat even more. :P:D

But Ya the game probably be screwed as hell like BF4 then get the updates and be playable like it should. on day one. I always blame EA not dice just my two cents but maybe dice has sorry ass dev's now or just f*****ing lazy.

+1 Now I want Tag's. See those Takedowns 

5 hours ago, Blaze said:

But Ya the game probably be screwed as hell like BF4 then get the updates and be playable like it should. on day one. I always blame EA not dice just my two cents but maybe dice has sorry ass dev's now or just f*****ing lazy.

I think they learned their lesson with BF4, if they don't deliver this time i don't know what battlefield will be if it fails this year..

I will be buying it as soon as there an edition including premium as they always do this and i just want to have everything so i don't have to do future purchases with this game.

I will have to see how well the beta plays and if there will be to many short term issues within the game. I did like the trailer but still to much left not stated or known. The idea of battlefield taking place during WW1 has tremendous interest to me, only time will truly tell for the new game. If it falls on its face i will just return to BF3 and BF4 and remain active there...