Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Sign in to follow this  
Element

Nvidia Pascal Cards

So fucking hype! I'm dirt poor to buy 1080 :( and I don't want to buy the 1070. It's faster than the current titan X but I'd feel the same way when it gets to that point where 1080s are still good and 1070s are now obsolete.

After getting it, I don't know what bottlenecks I'd have for my computer anymore ... RAM? nah I can always download more ;)

Probably going to sell my current 770 card for the money or turn it into a dedicated PhysX card.

Dedicated Physx cards lower your frame rate. More so if it's not the same card (think sli). I tested it out personally and reduced my frames by 10% average. 

Google the tests, I don't know why people (not directed to you @Element) still think two cards is somehow better, it will never ever be for the far future,.

Too much communication bottlenecks (lag)  via the pci slots and the sli bridge for the gpu's to effectivly share the load, in your case compile the math for the physx then send it to the main GPU while the main waits for it (holding frames back)

17 hours ago, Bromance said:

Dedicated Physx cards lower your frame rate. More so if it's not the same card (think sli). I tested it out personally and reduced my frames by 10% average. 

Google the tests, I don't know why people (not directed to you @Element) still think two cards is somehow better, it will never ever be for the far future,.

Too much communication bottlenecks (lag)  via the pci slots and the sli bridge for the gpu's to effectivly share the load, in your case compile the math for the physx then send it to the main GPU while the main waits for it (holding frames back)

Oh I did a bit more research.. i guess it would be a hindrance to add a dedicated card even if its same or two series down.

lame... okay then selling the 770 it is then

13 hours ago, NoxNoctus said:

980Ti, waiting for the "Gaming Perfected" to be perfected with the 1080Ti

I dunno if the hype train I'm on can let me out. Then again, I still am trying to scrounge up money for the 1080 :(

train arrives at store

sees everyone buying one

walk up to a clerk and ask if i can get one

clerk asks "That'd be $679.99."

"I can't afford it", I replied.

"Sucks to be you. Get a job bruh." Clerk said. :(

But anyways someone did say that the 1080 seems to be held back either it was not developed long enough and Nvidia decide to release it early as possible and/or decide the max potential of the 1080 will be in the 1080ti.

Edited by Element

Sign in to follow this