Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Sign in to follow this  
Reetik2000

MSI Z170a MOBO Ram Probs

So my my water cooling(Swiftech H240-x2 Prestige) started leaking and I used they sent me a replacement. To put the replacement in, I did have to remove the ram. After everything was set, I put the exact ram in their exact spots(spots 2 & 4) as before. After I turned my pc on, it wouldn't post and cycles through an error code on the hex display:

0d

4c

I've seen this code before sometime close to when I first built it, but I can't remember what the problem was and how I fixed it, although I think it had something to do with the bios.

After testing it a bunch of times, I found out slots 3 & 4 were the only rams slots that would work. If I put anything into slots 1 or 2, then the error code shows up.

My Specs:

Intel i7-6700k

MSI Z170a Gaming M7

G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3200 2x8 16gb set

*Rest of the specs are on my profile.

Did both, manual CMOS clear and using the switch in the back. Like 30 times with different bios versions. I've used the versions 1.4, 1.9, and 1.B, all three from their website. :/

@Reetik2000 I found this:  ensure the CPU cooler is mounted correctly and that there aren't any traces running under one of the mounting bolts.
Some Manufacturers have made ridiculous design calls by placing them to close to the mounting holes and they can become damaged. Using an insulator can localize the pressure immediately to the region it is meant to be.

On 5/12/2016 at 0:15 PM, Skoptsy said:

@Reetik2000 I found this:  ensure the CPU cooler is mounted correctly and that there aren't any traces running under one of the mounting bolts.
Some Manufacturers have made ridiculous design calls by placing them to close to the mounting holes and they can become damaged. Using an insulator can localize the pressure immediately to the region it is meant to be.

That would actually make sense. When I uninstaller the cooler, I noticed some of the paint on the board was scraped away really easily to the point when the copper was showing and I had to clean away this rubbery stuff around the screws. Sadly I can check it now, just sent it in. But thanks, that's the only good answer I've gotten after "clear the cmos" and "check for bent pins" and "have you tried turning it off and back on again?". 

Sign in to follow this