Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
syl

NO MAN'S SKY... seriously who's gonna be playing it?

Super hyped for this game, I'm huge on exploration/craft/FPS types of RPG so I think this is gonna be great!
Anyone else planning to play this when it comes out? Just wondering who will be on this & it would be hella fun to try to meet up in game even if it takes light years to get places :P

If you haven't heard about the game, it's supposed to be released on June 21st
It's available in the steam store as well. && here's a link or two about it :D

NMS's Official Website

Youtube Trailers

5 hours ago, BookD20 said:

Not sure yet, might wait til closer to release before I decide

@BookD20 No worries. We'll get drunk one night, talk about it, and buy it anyways. 

On my wishlist too on steam! But the only problem I have with the game is the end part ... what happens if you finish upgrading the ship and your suit? Keep exploring? I know there's tribes to learn from as well but I doubt there's a game out there with so many different tribes  that it'd be almost endless progression. WAY too good to be true. I don't even think the technology for that is even possible right now.

Then again the development cycle for this game is flawless, not too short and not too long.

@Element maybe this'll help give you an idea about one of the goals in the game :P
http://gamerant.com/no-mans-sky-story-multiplayer/

I'm gonna try to make my way to the center of the universe but it might take a while haha XD
Also, maybe the random artifacts we find on other planets have something to do with what's at the center? :o
only one way to find out :3

Edited by syl

Getting it 100% and likely stream it as I push to destro....*cough* I mean unite the galaxy together. 

According to the developers there is a lot of things to do when you start out. The End of the universe is meant to be something done down the road and will likely take you a bit of time to get there as it is deemed the most dangerous part in the game. When you start your going to be placed randomly, meaning the resources you get, the contacts you meet will be different for everyone...which also means might be easier or harder depending on the random location your put on. 

Your ship is very basic...to the point that as the devs put it...lucky to even reach the next planet if you decide to just go flying instead of resource hunting. You also have to watch out for over gathering as planets with already colonies or corporations on them will be moderating your actions meaning if you over mining a certain resource that you need for upgrades...they will take offense to that action and call in a fleet to deal with you as well as ground forces to either kill you or take back what they think is theirs. 

There is also a relationship system regarding fleets and corporations. Meaning different actions you do will change their behavior such as protecting a fleet as it's under attack will likely put you in a good position with that group while those attacking it will likely see your interference as a sign of treason or hate. 

I would recommend watching the IGN first peek videos with the developer as they show a bit of the interesting side of things. Again it's hard to say until it comes out, however if they add steam workshop support for modders then you can bet the game will go up from there; as players will make star wars mods or coop or hell the ability to build your own tribe...but that's just my imagination and over hoping for mod support :D

Edited by Snakesoul

23 hours ago, syl said:

@Element maybe this'll help give you an idea about one of the goals in the game :P
http://gamerant.com/no-mans-sky-story-multiplayer/

I'm gonna try to make my way to the center of the universe but it might take a while haha XD
Also, maybe the random artifacts we find on other planets have something to do with what's at the center? :o
only one way to find out :3

A worthy goal! I guess I'll wait and see how the whole thing works. Cause I mean usually a game that big (potentially bigger than Elite: Dangerous) would usually have a beta at least. right? or am i pulling this out of my ass? I dont even know :(

@Element i think from what the dev has said is they are going to be keeping everything inhouse as they has considerable backing from sony for the game, i may be wrong and they may push a beta just to get people interested to buy it (which seems thats all betas are about anymore) 

Yeah I'm super hype for this game!

I love space games and that seems to be the hype on steam nowadays which I'm not complaining about.  @syl I'd be happy to try and meet up with you haha.  I wonder if there's a coordinate system to go off of and everyone can try to meet there.  Then make like our own ADK headquarters or something haha.

Am gonna get this one. I also like survival, explore, kind of games. It looks promising... i always have a thing about buying on release. So don't know if am going to get it right away, will surely get it at some point though. 

it means its going to be hard to connect with others that are in different countries, and sometimes just if someones ping is bad you will never see them.

i think the good thing is that this game isnt focused on multiplayer interactions so i dont think its going to be much of an issue