Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Sign in to follow this  
Homeshadow

Windows Update

Most of the time  Windows does a pretty good job....,, cough cough Okay no it doesn't.  Updating can take forever on most occasions . I find a free tool called  Auto Patcher does a way faster job and can get you passed the dreaded "not updating" process.

LOL, to each his own. I don't have issues but I configured it to update a certain times and only from MS. No third party drivers etc... Never an issue (knock on wood)

I follow an ever more strict update protocol. I manually install all Windows 10 updates, all driver updates , and all app updates.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using =ADK= Gaming Community mobile app

For the past 3 days I've been  tearing what lil hair I have left  trying to get rid of  gwx folder that most of my friends say messes up their perfectly working Win 7. MS even admits that the migration is from hell, and  that folder was stuck like a tick.

This morning I thought if I unplugged my cable to my modem I'd get away with it again, but instead it started installing Win 10. No doubt it probably works fine on new PC's but why fix something when it's not broke?  The wait time was 3 hours to speak to someone   about this issue at MS, so let me save some trouble for anyone who is content with what they got. Let the GWX folder install Win 10 (About 30 minutes for us country folks in Montana) , it will then dump you on a blue background page with white letters that says "Let's Talk the Legal Stuff" or something akin to that. You're left with 3 choices : back, decline and accept. Wanna take a chance with your OS? Hit "Accept". Wanna go back to whatever you had before? Just hit "Decline" and it will take you back to your OS of choice. Once your back on solid ground it takes you to a "Red Error" screen that says that Win 10 didn't install properly.  After crying tears of joy, my advice would be to reboot the PC one more time to get any cob webs out of the PC and now I'm back to using Win 7. BTW it's no great deal, because the free OS goes away after one year of use and you got to pay to play. Just want to save anyone the hassle who thinks their PC is being jacked by MS. It is, but they're not ready for a world wide class action law suit.

Steven

Sign in to follow this