Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Sign in to follow this  
Frement

Looking for a sci-fi anime

The first anime I ever watched was Cowboy Bebop and after that I started watching  Outlaw Star. Anyone know of any anime that would be of the same genre and style as these two?

I'm not a big fan of anime, but I loved those two quite a bit.

Doesn't exactly fit in the same theme as Cowboy Bepop or outlaw Star, but have you seen Knights of Sidonia? On Netflix.

It's a sci-fi anime, lot's of action and gore... Kinda depressing though.

Trigun (maybe?)

Gurren Lagann

Gundam seed, Gundam Seed Destiny, Gundam 00, Gundam 00 S2

One Punch Man (kinda not sci-fi)

zzzz tough finding an anime like that.... that doesn't have mecha on it. I think its the last of its kind for now.

Edited by Element

@Frement Samurai Champloo fits the style of Bebop, the whole jazzy dirty animation thing, but from the name you can guess that it's about Samurai and all that shit. 

Any of the Mobile Suit series would fit the Scifi feel, but those fall more under space operas and mecha genres, and on top of that it's a little hard to get into the series because they all sort of follow one timeline, except the like 5 that split off like Iron Blooded Orphans, which is awesome.

Trigun as the whole outlaw feel to it.

Ya might like Psycho-Pass, it's a sci-fi anime about law enforcement that's really heavy on the psychological genre and talks about all that gray area of morality and shit. 

EDIT: I haven't read that you wanted the same style as those 2, but anyway I'd recommend everything I've listed.

I do not know if these are Sci-Fi, I think they are, so I'm enumerating:

• Gatchman Crowds
  • Suisei no Gargantia (Mecha themed)
  • Psycho-Pass (like Phreaktaco mentioned)
  • Steins-Gate
  • Guilty Crown
  • GANTZ (if you like gore, you will ike this one)
  • Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu (or Parasyte, however you wanna call it)
  • Asobi ni Iku-Yo (if you like ecchi comedy)
  • Code Geass (I would classify it as a mix of Death Note and Evangelion)
  • Terraformers (another gore one)
  • Aoiki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova (Mecha with ships themed)
  • Sakasama no Patema (MOVIE)

I've watched every single one of them, and I would reccomend them all (maybe not that much Asobi ni Iku-Yo, but it was funny)... I think if I'd had to say: WATCH THIS ONE, it would be "Sakasama no Patema" without doubt... If you watch it, then tell me if you liked it ^^...

Good luck and have fun watching !

PS, I'm currently watching Ergo Proxy, it seems fun and interesting, although I'm at episode 3, can't say much about it...

Edited by NepuNepu

Not Sci-fi but if  you like the Cowboy Bebop style anime, maybe try Samurai Champloo for something different. It's made by the same person if I'm not mistaken.

On 4/22/2016 at 7:33 AM, Frement said:

The first anime I ever watched was Cowboy Bebop and after that I started watching  Outlaw Star. Anyone know of any anime that would be of the same genre and style as these two?

I'm not a big fan of anime, but I loved those two quite a bit.

Toonami was the first channel of anime I watch on T.V. I started watching Dragonball Z and they just arrive on Namek trying to cover from the Frieza's soldiers. I like outlaw star as-well been a long time since i even seen that. I don't remember but they stole some sort of alien girl that runs the ship or something. Dragonball Z will be my all time Fav & first anime i ever watched. Cowboy bebop was 2nd then Trigun, Zoids Pokemon and so on.