Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Phire

Meet Our Members #5 - Dynasty & Greenshaw

ikW-01kp.png

photo-12900.jpg?_r=1429421586

Meet Greenshaw!

What is your gamer tag and how did you come up with it?
My last name is actually Greenhaw. In middle school I got called to the principals office and they pronounced it Greenshaw. It really covers my gamer tag because I’m an athletic trainer, and once I went and got my event tag and it said Greenshaw. So it’s stuck. 

What do you think is the most interesting thing about you?
I’m completely deaf in my right ear, so when I play games I cannot triangulate people at all, which is why I stay away from shooter games. I was ranked number 3 in profile rank on the GameBattles for a while and I’ve been playing LoL for six years now. I also really enjoy the book series called Wheel of Time. 

How would you describe the current state of the game you lead? (League of Legends)
It’s very much changed since the last season, very fast paced, very early to mid-game focused. I think it’s in a healthy state for a lot of seasoned players to capitalize on. New players can get punished really hard, but now LoL has been out for a while and all the low level players are starting to get really really good. Overall it’s a good time for competition. 

How long have you been in ADK?
I’ve been a member since the 25th of November 2014.

What are your jobs?
I became an LoL Admin in December of 2014, I’ve been a Recruiter, but I never really ventured far from the League section. I’m currently the League Manager. 

In real life, what are some of your favorite hobbies and what is your job?
Reading, I really enjoy Ultimate Frisbee, fishing, and soccer (which I played throughout college). My current job is an athletic trainer. I currently cover 3 high schools sports. If they have any injuries on site I go help out, as I am also qualified as a rescuer. I just can’t transport, because I’m not an EMT. 

What area do you live in?
Northeast Alabama. 

What kind of games do you play and which one is your favorite?
I’m a big RPG fan, my absolute favorite game is Chrono Cross, which is a PlayStation game, which came before Final Fantasy came to PC. I also like Final Fantasy XII and League of Legends. 

Do you consider yourself a competitive gamer or more laid back?
I’m definitely a competitive player, you can ask anyone in the League section. In League it’s one match, 5v5, and if you try to play laid back you make it 4v5. 

How did you first get involved in the gaming scene?
Pokemon Colosseum was the very first game I played as a kid. Chrono Cross though was the first game I ever really got into. 

What drives you to be one of the leaders in ADK?
For the longest time I played without a community on LoL, so I had a lot of actual game experience. I started looking for a community, but none of them had what I was looking for- a group of people that I could both hang out with and be competitive with. Why I really wanted to be a leader here is because I wanted to provide a good atmosphere and resources for new players.

If you had to choose between a gaming community with people you got along with really well but were terrible at gaming versus people who were extremely toxic but were the top ranking in the games they played, which one would you say is more important?
I generally personally can tune out negative atmospheres, but with League being so team oriented I’d have to say that I’d prefer the quality of the people. When I first joined ADK our overall rank was silver, but now we have people who are gold and platinum. If I can get along with people, then I can help make the overall team better. 

ofltzaoa.jpg

Meet Dynasty!

What is your gamer tag and how did you come up with it?
I came up with Dynasty by Googling “What’s a good alias for gaming?” 

What do you think is the most interesting thing about you?
I’m 22, I can blow big vape clouds, and I’m pretty good at CSGO. I’m a lover, not a fighter.

How long have you been in ADK?
5 years.

What are your jobs?
I was a BF3 Advisor/Admin, I admined BF4 when it came out, and now I manage ADK's CSGO Competition Team.

In real life, what are some of your favorite hobbies?
Vaping, going for walks, hanging out with my fiance, walking my dogs, just chilling.

What is your job?
I’m a baker. 

What area do you live in?
British Columbia Vancouver Island

What kind of games do you play and which one is your favorite?
CSGO, COD Black Ops III, and GTA V. CSGO is my favorite because of the competition

Do you consider yourself to be a competitive gamer or more laid back?
Definitely competitive, I’ve been competing for 11 years.

How did you first get involved in the gaming scene?
I got involved in 2005 with Counter Strike Source. I started playing competitively in 2008. 

What is the milk-bag thing about?
A lot of people think that in Canada milk comes in bags but it’s really only on the east coast. I just thought it’d be funny to start calling myself a milk bag. 

What drives you to be one of the leaders in ADK?
The CSGO section was on its end, and I figured that I have valuable skills; I can manage people and I know a lot about competing, and I like helping the community. 

How do you think ADK is different than other Gaming Communities?
It’s the people. Everyone's nice, everyone’s generous and like family, and it’s a great place to play. 

View full article

>What is your job?
>I’m a baker.

did you consider working at the cobblers or the candlestick makers when you were younger?