Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Kaede

AK or AR15?

Ar15. Have better control with it. Not saying AK47 is bad, its does have its good days like when i want to go full auto  :lol:

i need to work on using 1st person more often though..

@[member='Kaede']  Which do you prefer?

It depends on your situation, but generally I will take AR over AK 90% of the time. The AK-47, post-nerf, is only useful for long range fights where the extra damage helps, and the fire rate is not relevant. But in close range - mid range, the AR is better simply because of the better fire rate in situation where you can spray a bit more (as long as you can control recoil) while still having the same amount of shots to kill an enemy.

Before the update I would of said the Ak as it was very over powered but now I would recommend getting used to the AR as you can control the recoil and get the shots u need, But main thing is take advantage of your surroundings 

I find the AR suits me. I have tried the AK and for some reason can never get any kills with the dam thing...funny though always hand it to my teammate and he can get kills without any issues however when he uses the AR he has trouble...strange but hey we all have our preferences. 

I use to rock AR all the way.  But, due to recent changes in the game I prefer the AK.  I actually have dropped the shotty and have started rock'n both the AR and the AK.

AR15 personally, just because you have way more control over the weapon. Fully automatic is badass and all, but I'm really not a fan of spraying and missing most of my shots espeically in a game with such limited ammo. x10 this in JS

The science behind these findings, which I haven't read much support for but have to believe Daybreak has accounted into the game, is in the firing mechanisms and ammunition used. Assuming they are going off of original designs of the AR-15 and AK-47, the AR would be using Direct Impingement (or DI) and the AK would be using Gas Piston. A basic difference of those two is that while both begin firing with propellant gasses being bled into the barrel, DI (the AR) forces that gas into a tube where it can make contact (impinge, hence the name) the bolt carrier and is then forced to the rear of the weapon to handle round extraction, where as in a Gas Piston system (the AK) the gas is contained in a separate cylinder that has a piston, after barrel bleed, which is moved by the gas and pushes the bolt carrier rearward to take care of round extraction etc. In both systems the firing is finished by a spring pushing the bolt carrier forward. 

Now with the differences of these two are the following:

Direct Impingement (on the AR)

• Since the gasses from the cartridge are redirected into the action of the rifle, it becomes hot and dirty.
  • More accurate on rapid fire (subsequent shots) than Gas Piston (AK)

Gas Piston (on the AK)

• Does not become hot and dirty like the DI system on the AR.
  • Less accurate on rapid fire (subsequent shots) because of this, as recoil is more snappy. 

Now onto ammunition. The AR uses a 5.56 NATO round in-game and the AK uses a 7.62x39mm. You can see them here with the AR round on the left:

ak_vs_556-300x300.png

As you can see, the 5.56 NATO AR round on the left has a far smaller projectile than the 7.62 on the right, and the cartridge of the 7.62 AK round is much wider and shorter for a larger gun powder combustion. Due to it's size, the 5.56 NATO (AR) round travels more precise and faster than the 7.62 due to it's more aerodynamic projectile and a smaller, more controlled/directed combustion, but the AK's 7.62 does a lot more damage at the cost of stronger created recoil. 

So with the explanations above, you can see why the 5.56 would be better with accuracy and rapid firing over longer distances at the cost of less damage, where-as the AK would be fine in more controlled (slower) longer range distances due to the damage output but would really shine in more CQC situations like rushing through doorways with a spray-and-pray method if you don't have a shotgun or don't like them. They also do more damage to vehicles because of these factors. 

So now you know.

That's all assuming Daybreak actually put real-word mechanisms into the game :) Which it seems like they did to an extent. 

FYI: Many AR's now also use Gas Piston so in the argument of firing mechanism, the statements above would base facts on the original designs of the firearms. 

Edited by Syntaximus