Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
KernalSpicyWeiner

Is The Expensive Package worth it?

Im looking to pre order the game but among the three packages is it worth it to cough up the extra money? or is getting the cheap one fine? or is the middle one the most "bang for your buck".     opinions ??  thank you :)

I think your right with the middle one being 'best bang for your buck'. After playing the beta pretty heavily though, I'm already jonesin' to play again so I upgraded to the Conquerors for the extra 48h headstart. They did release the server info now as well, so US will have 2 main servers with 9(?) channels each. With seeing how busy the 4 beta channels were I'm suspect of the familiar server overload problems on release so the extra 2/4 days of solid access in before the masses break the flood gates is a factor to consider. They do have good info from other releases so things could be smooth on release, we'll see.

I think your right with the middle one being 'best bang for your buck'. After playing the beta pretty heavily though, I'm already jonesin' to play again so I upgraded to the Conquerors for the extra 48h headstart. They did release the server info now as well, so US will have 2 main servers with 9(?) channels each. With seeing how busy the 4 beta channels were I'm suspect of the familiar server overload problems on release so the extra 2/4 days of solid access in before the masses break the flood gates is a factor to consider. They do have good info from other releases so things could be smooth on release, we'll see.

I agree with bullet in terms of the middle one being 'best bang for your buck'. to some degree, Basically you can look at it like this.

30$ Package, Base gives you access. and 24 hours headstart

50$ Package, Gives you 48H headstart - gives you a mid range horse, access to the all so loved "Whistle" to call your pet, and a couple character slots.

100$ Package, is technically a 75$ package and most people don't realize that. you're paying 25$ to get 48 hours on top of EVERYONE else, before the servers flood, before 'shit hits the fan' but what you're also getting for 25$ more, is a full costume set that no one else will EVER be able to acquire after the 3rd of march.

Which to me, and any other serious players, is a big one, if you look at this way, most of the in game costumes as it sits will range between 31-35$ so you're paying 25$ for a costume that NO latecomers will ever have access to.. so that's pretty gold IMO.

At the end of the day, 50$ will get you most of the stuff, aside from the BIG un-aquirable cosmetic. and it's all about preference at that point, or how much you really care for it.

Considering the CBT2 is closed, anyone at this point isn't going to get the benefits of "Master Baiter" title, or the additional Loyalty points for doing the events during CBT1 or CBT2.

*After the 26th of February.   Pre-orders stop after tomorrow.

The Horse whistle permanent I think was 1500 pearls in game, which is 15 bucks of cash, so with that alone its worth it.   If you know you're gonna probably be the kind of person to spend 20 bucks down the road on buying something neat out of the cash shop, you might as well spend the cash now while you get extra perks.

Otherwise, 30 is perfectly fine.  50 seems pretty solid for a headstart.

Edited by BookD20

Not in my opinion. No. 

Headstart doesn't matter because a majority of the quests don't matter. All that matters to reach max level is the black spirit quests. the rest is just fluff.  So trying to get ahead of the rush is a fallacy. Their will be four tiers of a face melting rush. 

100 dollar headstart

50 dollar headstart

30 dollar headstart

actual launch for whoever purchases after the 26th. 

If ArcheAge taught anyone anything about launches for these pseudo sandbox mmos.  Is that paying to get into top tier headstart still fucks you royally. 

Not in my opinion. No. 

Headstart doesn't matter because a majority of the quests don't matter. All that matters to reach max level is the black spirit quests. the rest is just fluff.  So trying to get ahead of the rush is a fallacy. Their will be four tiers of a face melting rush. 

If ArcheAge taught anyone anything about launches for these pseudo sandbox mmos.  Is that paying to get into top tier head start still fucks you royally. 

I don't see any vital information in your post to explain these accusations or reasons, and what do you mean by quests don't matter? it's all dependent on play style, if you feel as though you know something I don't please do share, I'm very curious to hear why "Is that paying to get into top tier head start still fucks you royally. "

And "Head start doesn't matter because a majority of the quests don't matter
Because this game cannot be done hastily unless you plan on doing purely combat, and never anything else. and even then may penalize you for doing it so hastily.

I realize my post sounds very direct, and almost argumentative, that's not it's intention, I'm very curious to learn more on what you speak of, you sound like you know more than I, and I appreciate any insight you can lend.

Edited by Thump

I don't see any vital information in your post to explain these accusations or reasons, and what do you mean by quests don't matter? it's all dependent on play style, if you feel as though you know something I don't please do share, I'm very curious to hear why "Is that paying to get into top tier head start still fucks you royally. "

And "Head start doesn't matter because a majority of the quests don't matter
Because this game cannot be done hastily unless you plan on doing purely combat, and never anything else. and even then may penalize you for doing it so hastily.

I realize my post sounds very direct, and almost argumentative, that's not it's intention, I'm very curious to learn more on what you speak of, you sound like you know more than I, and I appreciate any insight you can lend.

You get better exp from grinding. Quest rewards are minimal. 

You get better gear from grinding. Quest rewards are laughable. *

You get better money from AFK fishing. Quest rewards amounts/NPC drops are laughable.

You make better money, expend less energy, and spend no time fishing. Trading returns and investments are laughable. 

Headstart is pointless. 15 hours or so of grinding time and doing black spirit quests gets you to your max level. No raids or Dungeons for the PvE crowd. (which this community has a good amount of people interested in.) 

Crafting is almost pointless. No direct trading. 

Crafting is almost pointless. Market isn't player created. (meaning your profit margins are almost minimal. Refer to fishing comments above for profit avenues.

End game is PvP territory control. 

you can do other things. but they're almost snapped on like hobby activities and don't seem to impact the game in the slightest. 

And don't worry. People who actually get argumentative about my posts just report it and say i hurt their feelings. Very few of them want to actually discuss it. :)

*THERE are a few quests, inventory quests, gear quests at 50. that are useable. Outside of inventory quests it's shit imo. 

Edited by Muhrder

You get better exp from grinding. Quest rewards are minimal. 

You get better gear from grinding. Quest rewards are laughable. *

You get better money from AFK fishing. Quest rewards amounts/NPC drops are laughable.

You make better money, expend less energy, and spend no time fishing. Trading returns and investments are laughable. 

Headstart is pointless. 15 hours or so of grinding time and doing black spirit quests gets you to your max level. No raids or Dungeons for the PvE crowd. (which this community has a good amount of people interested in.) 

Crafting is almost pointless. No direct trading. 

Crafting is almost pointless. Market isn't player created. (meaning your profit margins are almost minimal. Refer to fishing comments above for profit avenues.

End game is PvP territory control. 

you can do other things. but they're almost snapped on like hobby activities and don't seem to impact the game in the slightest. 

And don't worry. People who actually get argumentative about my posts just report it and say i hurt their feelings. Very few of them want to actually discuss it. :)

*THERE are a few quests, inventory quests, gear quests at 50. that are useable. Outside of inventory quests it's shit imo. 

@[member='Muhrder'] but you don't understand that the head start will help you financially too... this game isn't as simple as grinding and questing. There's an entire economy and market that's effected by player actions and before it get fudged up by noobs and exploiters alike, we with the head start are also getting tons and tons of opportunities to manipulate the market in our favor.

I.E. if a commodity of coal is in high demand at Calpheon for example (due to it's smithy heavy economy) we could take advantage of getting a hold of coal and selling it there for mondo profits. Whereas if we wait for the full launch, we've missed said opportunity and other players have milked that market dry and prices will be miserable.

@[member='Muhrder'] but you don't understand that the head start will help you financially too... this game isn't as simple as grinding and questing. There's an entire economy and market that's effected by player actions and before it get fudged up by noobs and exploiters alike, we with the head start are also getting tons and tons of opportunities to manipulate the market in our favor.

I.E. if a commodity of coal is in high demand at Calpheon for example (due to it's smithy heavy economy) we could take advantage of getting a hold of coal and selling it there for mondo profits. Whereas if we wait for the full launch, we've missed said opportunity and other players have milked that market dry and prices will be miserable.

Lol. 

I've been playing KR for months. I've been playing NA since alpha. If this is the delusion you want to toil under. Who am I to correct you?

Most efficient way to make money is fishing.

Most efficient way of gaining levels is grinding.

The most efficient way of gaining enchant levels is grinding/fishing.

The market is not player controlled. Trade prices are not player controlled. These are all within ranges set by Daum. You do not get to manipulate the markets past a certain point. And it's a very very narrow window. Usually doesn't go past +/- 20% in either direction. 

There is no PvE end game. That's a fool's dream.

The open world PvP is excruciatingly punishing unless it's e-bushido consensual shit. 

No direct player to player trading. Crippling guild production for guild resources. 

these are the truths of my experiences. Believe them if you want or don't. As everyone within this community knows. I have absolutely no qualms with saying I told you so. 

Edited by Muhrder

@[member='Muhrder'] I'm not talking about the market place (auction house) run by players... I'm talking about the trading between NPCs in which you freight things between towns. But sure, if you're going to turn condescending as your method of debate I'm out.  

Anyways. Moving on.

You guys are fully capable of exploring and doing as you please.

These are simply the most viable and efficient ways to do things in this game.  You guys are fully free to dabble in whatever you wish. You may do as you wish and play as you wish.

If you want to be efficient at making money. You will fish.

If you want to level up quickly. You'll grind mobs.

If you want to get a lot of blackstones for your enchant levels. You'll fish for the cash to buy them or you'll farm the mobs to get them. (Giants spawn. 44-47 has a fairly decent spawn. 2-3 guys in their mid 40s can make quick work of the whole region.)

If you want to participate in the end game. You will PvP and capture towns and fight wars.

If you want to be a big boss raid leader/dungeon smasher. You'll find another game. 

If you want to craft. you can but be prepared to fish for the cash for the mats because it isn't worth the hassle half of the time.