Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Avastian

Hi, I am "Avastian!

Hi guys, 

My name is Stefanie, not really Avastian :) But, I do work for Avast (antivirus) and am therefore an "Avastian". I am currently working within a special sub-team at Avast that is looking to create a gaming mode for our PC antivirus. I am looking to gather some feedback on what PC gamers think of AV in general and what PC gamers look for when choosing an antivirus solution. 

Looking forward to getting to know the gaming community a bit better!

Cheers,

Stefanie 

Nice to meet you! My name's Defer and I recruit for Battlefield- A recruiter for your section should be with you soon. I personally don't use any antivirus except for windows defender and my own common sense :) but i had used avast for a while. what type of games do you play?

Hi Defer, 

nice to meet you too! 

Glad you use common sense :)

I um unfortunately, do not really game.. I have downloaded LoL - but still need to really get into it :)

Cheers,

Stefanie

I've used avast for years, and it's been the best functioning and easiest to use solution I've found.

Two suggestions.

I install the free version of this on my elder's computers when they either have a horrible solution for it already or none at all, so i'm simply asking for this. Please give people an option on install for stealth mode, basically never popping anything up or making any sounds. It only complicates things when they call up later wondering why this thing is making noise or popping things up. This would be most helpful for when I'm instructing someone to install this over the phone and not there myself to turn those settings off. I just want my elders to have an easy to install Antivirus that silently keeps them safe without confusing them.

Secondly, gaming specific. Many games require that certain ports be open/forwarded and not blocked by a firewall. Adding a feature where we can check if a specific port is both open from the public to our computers and not blocked by the firewall/shields of avast would be great. There are already solutions out there to check if ports are open but most of them are utter crap and unreliable.

Finally, if you're looking for a first multi-player game, i would not suggest LoL. That game has a literal 1000 hour learning curve to be considered "moderately decent" at it. If you want some game suggestions I'm sure the people here would be able to voice opinions on that.

Have a nice day, and keep up the good work.