Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Sign in to follow this  
A_Jockeys_Ballsack

Quitting Smoking

Day 3. This is why you don't see me online. I just searched (through legal means) to try to watch episodes of V and almost kicked my rig through the wall because ABC is a bunch of lying shits that say you can watch episodes online, but you have to watch clips and shit. Oh, but you can watch any other shitty show you want any time, with limited commercials!

The worst part?

I don't even like V that much. Modern Family is much more entertaining, and it's available. BUT I WANT TO WATCH V RIGHT NOW. I WANT A CIGARETTE TOO. FUCK THIS GAY EARTH.

Will Power is where its at. I started smoking in oct of 06 up until...7 weeks ago today actually lol. I thought about quitting for a long time, and when the time came that I was good and ready, I smoked the last cigarette I had in my pack (Ended up being a short) and I said "Ok im done" And I havent had a puff since!

Will power, the power to win the race. Batteries not included.

How the eff are you going to outrun a Jockey if you're puffing and wheezing along? That's some motivation for ya!

But really, thumbs up for quitting and know that the ChipMunk believes in you. KEEP IT UP HOMIEEEEE!

Will Power is where its at. I started smoking in oct of 06 up until...7 weeks ago today actually lol.

Try fall of 2000. 10 years of smoking now, and I honestly don't know how many times I've tried to quit. I've actually quit for a few months before, but somehow I started up again. That was about 5 years ago, so maybe I can beat that score. I started (habitually) smoking just before I turned 19 in Nov of '00, and then started smoking inhuman amounts of weed along with that for about 7 years. Once the weed became less frequent, smoked cigs more often.

Every time I try to quit, my lungs are in a state of denial for a few days, thinking "this asshole's just toying with us", while my mind is screaming "GO BUY A PACK OF CIGARETTES YOU STUPID FUCK! YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD MAKE ME STOP SCREAMING?! A FUCKING CIGARETTE!" Now, getting closer to a week, my lungs are starting to believe in me by giving me spasms of coughing hard enough to try and break the shiny tar coating they've accumulated.

My mind still hates me, I'm just too busy coughing to notice it every 10 seconds.

Yesterday, I didn't get called in to work. Bad. Very bad. Very bored. You know what I did to pass the time? Played Devil May Cry 4. And I don't mean "I turned it on a couple of times, ate lunch, went to the market", I mean I reinstalled it, played through every stage, some of them twice, every secret, everything, non-stop, until I beat the game. Now, don't get me wrong; I love the game, I've done that two or three times over the couple of years since I've had it, but never in one session. I did not sleep. I did not eat. I sat in front of my computer, turned my logitech controller on high fan, and marathoned the shit out of that game. If I got an unacceptable time, stylish points, amount of orbs, basically anything less than "B", I replayed the stage. 21 missions. Plus two hours spent in arena mode, and maybe an hour going through all the bonus features I unlocked. I became the game. Did I mention I hadn't slept since the day before? I completely burned out while preheating the oven for some chicken, and called it a night at about 8pm, and woke up at 5pm today. Technically, I have cigarettes (or the lack thereof) to thank for getting my sleep schedule somewhat back on track.

So what did you do from 6am to 7pm?

Turbo edit -

Oh, before DMC, I watched The Social Network. It wasn't bad, but they show Zuckerberg as an interesting nerdy pseudo-jerk. In real life, he's a boring asshole. Producer Aaron Sorkin admitted that he whitewashed his image a bit and also added shit to make him interesting. I'm not rating real life, I'm rating the movie; so 7/10. Pretty good. I don't know what I was doing before that. Probably pulling my hair out or typing stupid long posts like this one other forums.

I really need to quit my smoking. My number one vice :<

I'm getting better, got a lot of my patience back. Not that I ever had a lot in the first place. Still, progress. I'm spending this weekend visiting my mom, sister, and nieces, so if I can tolerate that, I can tolerate anything ^_^

I might even install LoL over here and play tonight, I think my mom's pc can handle it since it can handle Torchlight. Not TF2 though or anything else that needs more than an onboard gpu.

super edit -

Rockzo can't stop doing c-c-c-cocaine, so how in the hell can he stop smoking?

I'm getting better, got a lot of my patience back. Not that I ever had a lot in the first place. Still, progress. I'm spending this weekend visiting my mom, sister, and nieces, so if I can tolerate that, I can tolerate anything ^_^

I might even install LoL over here and play tonight, I think my mom's pc can handle it since it can handle Torchlight. Not TF2 though or anything else that needs more than an onboard gpu.

Two old ladies were outside their nursing home, having a smoke, when it started to rain. One of the ladies pulled out a condom, cut off the end, put it over her cigarette, and continued smoking.

Myrtle: What's that?

Beatrice: A condom. This way my cigarette doesn't get wet.

Myrtle: Where did you get it?

Beatrice: You can get them at any drugstore.

The next day, Myrtle hobbles herself into the local drugstore and announces to the pharmacist that she wants a package of condoms. The guy looks at her kind of strangely (she is, after all, over 80 years of age), but politely asks what brand she prefers.

Myrtle: It doesn't matter as long as it fits a Camel.

Two old ladies were outside their nursing home, having a smoke, when it started to rain. One of the ladies pulled out a condom, cut off the end, put it over her cigarette, and continued smoking.

Myrtle: What's that?

Beatrice: A condom. This way my cigarette doesn't get wet.

Myrtle: Where did you get it?

Beatrice: You can get them at any drugstore.

The next day, Myrtle hobbles herself into the local drugstore and announces to the pharmacist that she wants a package of condoms. The guy looks at her kind of strangely (she is, after all, over 80 years of age), but politely asks what brand she prefers.

Myrtle: It doesn't matter as long as it fits a Camel.

OHHHHHH.gif

Hey dude, Hope you get through this.

One thing to consider; If you're this crazy now, just think of before you were smoking, how much that nicotine makes you rage when you dont have access to it. Pretty crazy huh, like a literal parasite sucking the life out of you and always wanting more more more.

Fyi, if you need help getting ahold of tv shows/movies/etc, let me know, I have a pretty good idea of how to do it semi-legitimately. I'm sitting on around 2.4 tb of movies , 600gigs of tv shows, 60 gigs of music, and 2 tb of apps on my home pc atm. Usually, I can get an episode of V/Chuck/No Ordinary/Sanctuary etc etc etc about 5 min after they finish airing on tv. Sure as hell beats sitting through 20 minutes of commercials to watch 40 minutes of a tv show.

You can add me on steam if you like, Atari6900 should add me to your listy. I go as Chaos, The Original

You can add me on steam if you like, Atari6900 should add me to your listy. I go as Chaos, The Original

If you're a regular on the TF2 servers or become and =ADK= member, I'll probably add you anyway. I don't need distractions anymore, I've played a good bit in the past few days with no effects other than the usual rage I get when my team is terrible :)

Lol team rage, btw, when I get to be part of ADK, can I add u? :) Or maybe if I play more with you :P (I suppose u remember me lol) Anyway, keep on playing! Don't get caught by the addiction anymore