Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Veydeth

Season 6 Braum Support

So far in season 6 pre-season my go to support has been the man with the largest shield on the rift Braum. Engage, disengage, peel, and self escape. Braum can do it all if you understand his kit.

First off summoner spells. Flash is a must no matter what, now for the second your choices are ignite or exhaust. Most of the time I would take ignite for the kill pressure in lane. Now if the enemy ADC is an auto attack based champ (Vayne for example) or if the enemy mid laner is Diana, Zed, or Talon I take exhaust.

Now for rune pages. Personally I like to run:

• 9 Armor Marks
  • 5 Armor Seals
  • 4 Scaling Health Seals (Flat health would be fine as well)
  • 9 MR Glyphs
  • 3 Armor Quints

I find this rune setup makes Braum as close to unkillable from ADC damage pre-9 as possible.

Totals should be:

• 26 Armor
  • 12 MR
  • 96 Health @ 18

For masteries I run 0-12-18 using Bond of Stone, focusing on bonuses to health and armor/MR to maximize tankiness, movement speed for early roaming, and I like Merciless over Meditation again to help with kill pressure. Alternatively you can use Grasp of the Undying but I found Bond of Stone to overall be the better choice.

Item build path on Braum is about as easy as it gets.

Starting off with Relic Shield and 3 pots. Try to wait for 800-1200 gold (roughly around the time your ADC should be close to BF Sword) upgrade the relic and buy boots, get a few more pots if you are in a heavy poke lane and you are soaking skill shots for your ADC. Next upgrade your boots to Boots of Mobility as quickly as possible, I rush this over sightstone for two reasons: First the amount of CC Braum has is great for 2-3 man ganks in mid and you can get 2 trinket charges for wards atm.

The core items I use on Braum are, Face of the Mountain, Sightstone, and Boots of Mobility. Build these every game always.

Now if the enemy has more AD then AP Build Frozen Heart, if it is an even split I prefer Dead Mans Plate again better roaming.

Locket of the Iron Solari is always a solid choice sometimes I will get Mikael's Crucible instead if the enemy team has a lot of hard diving stuns.

Sixth item on Braum is really up to you. Thorn Mail is great if the enemy has a lot of AA based champs, Banshee's Veil if the enemy is constantly stunning you to get to your carries, Warmog's if the enemy team has true damage sources, my go to is Rightous Glory for better engages.

That covers the easy part of Braum. Now for the more difficult side, knowing when to use your abilities and how to use them.

• Concussive Blows (Passive) - After applied if the target it hit 3 more times they will be stunned for I believe 1.4 seconds. After the target has been stunned they are immune to Concussive Blows for 10 seconds.
  • Winter's Bite (Q) - This is Braum's primary form of poke scaling off Braum's max health +2.5%. This ability chunks squishies, slows them, and applies Braum's passive. This ability is one that makes Braum great for pretty much any comp that needs a front line, use to slow an enemy and engage, or to slow a chaser and peel for your ADC.
  • Stand Behind Me (W) - This ability causes Braum to leap to his target, this can be a champion or friendly minion and gives the target a percent of Braum's bonus armor and MR. This is a great way to engage, gap close, and in bad situation get yourself to safety. This is really the most difficult ability Braum has to master, knowing when to use it aggressively or defensive is something I am still working on myself.
  • Unbreakable (E) - The ability that makes ADC's cry in rage when the land a perfect 5 man MF ult. Braum raises his shield and blocks all projectiles from passing through, negating damage from the first shot that hits. Try to use this to block initial hard poke (Jayce empowered Q, Varus Q, MF Q, etc.) or enemy executes (Jinx rocket, Caitlyn Ult, MF Ult, etc.)
  • Glacial Fissure (R) - Braum slams his shield into the ground creating a zone that will slow and knock enemies up into the air dealing a little damage but stopping most forms of engage. This I tend to hold until either the team needs to disengage or the enemy team is in a bad choke point, for example jungle paths.

Now the difference between the good and okay Braum's is know how to combo your abilities together, W to your minion and fire a Q to start the CC chain on the enemy ADC (assuming your ADC follows you in). Or you can W in a defensive manner and intercept things such as Thresh hooks, Blitz grabs, Naught hook, or Morg binding, pop up your E and soak damage while spamming laugh. The best thing to do with this champion is to experiment with comboing abilities, W in ult the enemy and watch the carnage.

I hope this helps any and all who might want to take up the manliest support on the rift.

-------------Trigger Warning: Heavily biased opinion because I play support---------------

This is a well thought out and suitable guide, but there's no reason to not immediately get 800 gold to purchase a sight stone and set up complete vision control of dragon, the supports job is not to scale as much as it is to assist the team and stack HP. Furthermore if you purchase Face of the Mountain considering to rush a locket promptly after will create a mini teamfight power spike because of the shield HP, a good way to protect your ADC from hard dives and soften burst further. Aegis also happens to be one of the strongest items in the game, so I would recommend considering purchasing it more than "sometimes." 

Also boots of mobility are fine, but since braum is a disengage support versus an engage support, consider boots of swiftness. Boots of Swiftness vs Mobility has been covered by many notable players that the difference at the moment is negligible but boots of swiftness will grant overall more movement speed and unlike boots of mobility, boots of swiftness can make the difference between being caught out or not when the enemy uses frost queen's claim, while also maintaining their movement speed in combat. A boon to a character such as Braum who defends his teammates as they run to safety. 

At least my two cents. Very good guide. 

@[member='kawaiiprince'] as far as sightstone last season I 100% agree, this season to me it seems that most junglers do not want to start fighting for dragon control until around the 10-15 min mark. For locket I do not think I clarified well there, I usually build locket, unless the enemy team is AD heavy or has a long duration point and click CC, at which point I would go mikaels. The boots from my experience really does come down to personal play style, I find if I am front lining and get caught by an Ice Queens active or a Nasus Wither if my jump away is not enough more then likely I am dead anyway, so I get mobility just to help the mid game roams and try to help get my mid lane rolling or help my jungler counter-jungle.

@[member='kawaiiprince'] as far as sightstone last season I 100% agree, this season to me it seems that most junglers do not want to start fighting for dragon control until around the 10-15 min mark. For locket I do not think I clarified well there, I usually build locket, unless the enemy team is AD heavy or has a long duration point and click CC, at which point I would go mikaels. The boots from my experience really does come down to personal play style, I find if I am front lining and get caught by an Ice Queens active or a Nasus Wither if my jump away is not enough more then likely I am dead anyway, so I get mobility just to help the mid game roams and try to help get my mid lane rolling or help my jungler counter-jungle.

But there's such a huge different between mobility and swiftness though. A max range wither will catch you on mobos no matter what, even if you have a jump available, but with swiftness not only will some of the slow be mitigated, you'll maintain the movespeed, you'll definitely not get caught after a jump.

Mikaels is probably just too sub optimal for braum, you have the built in shield for protection and CC blockage, mikaels is more for passive supports that need to pass out and spend inefficient gold for peel.

As someone who's landed with Taric, there are so many more useful picks. If you want a tank support, play Alistair or Braum.

They offer much more utility than Taric, and generally don't give up nearly as much lame presence. Once Taric uses his stun, he offers so little to an ADC that the enemy team can abuse that.

@[member='Kemp'] actually Taric is easily one of the strongest fighting supports and assists with kiting and fighting extremely well. Taric pressures ADCs and allows his botlane to easily kill both enemy laners if he was picked correctly

As someone who's landed with Taric, there are so many more useful picks. If you want a tank support, play Alistair or Braum.

They offer much more utility than Taric, and generally don't give up nearly as much lame presence. Once Taric uses his stun, he offers so little to an ADC that the enemy team can abuse that.

bitch your about to duo with this taric, you better receive well