Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Reetik2000

Workstation/Gaming Build

This is my first build. I actually spent months making and revising this build. Tell me what you think.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/W2N8pg

So far I bought the cpu cooler at Micro Center last week and just order the graphics card yesterday with the "Bullets or Blades" bundle  :lol: from NewEgg.

I know it shows $0 for Windows 10 Pro, that's because I'm getting the full Student edition(comparable to Enterprise edition) for free with my student id.  :lol:  :lol:

I'll let others comment on the specs and everything, but looking forward to some pictures when it's completed....right? :)

It won't have that many LED lights and stuff so it might look a bit plain but I will.

I'm trying to go towards a bit of a minimalist approach so it matches the way I set up my desk while still trying to make it have a good color scheme of Red/Black with hints of White and show off the parts. 

Made a few changes to my build since my cousin found a few better deals. Also slowly buying like a certain amount of money worth of parts every week so it doesn't put a big bulge on my parent's credit cards(also cousin's idea). Also only bought ram this week since there weren't any other good deals.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sJGGrH

Edited by Reetik2000

My parent's had more old computers that they were throwing out and my mom said I could salvage some parts that were still somewhat relevant.

Found these:

Multi-format card reader:

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:2175]

Floppy drive and card reader:
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:2176]

Phone jack(cus why not):

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:2177]
[Emergency Dial-Up] |B)  |B)

Another Upate: Returning the Swiftech H240-X CPU water cooler luckily with the return policy expiring THIS FRIDAY.

Changed my mind after I saw this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeHUUDh_DtY

The H240-X2 is actually cheaper than what I paid for the H240-X which was about $170.
I had to call the Micro Center in Kansas where I bought it from and asked them if I could just ship it back there and they made an exception because I bought the cooler when I was visiting some family there and I live in Arkansas and to go back there to return it would take about a 5 hour drive.
I have never been so excited and disappointed at the same time.

R.I.P David Bowie  ☮♫

I can't decide on my storage. I need at minimum 1TB but 2TB would be optimal.

My SSD is about $45 also I kinda need the enclosure it comes with for some other drives.

Here are my options:

1TB WD Caviar Blue  ~$50

or

2TB Seagate Barracuda ~$65

Also I updated my parts list. My cousin said since there were some better deals that I could get those. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/RMqB23

Just got the my ram in today.

For the space 2000GB covers it really depends on if you feel if 1000 is going to be enough or be limiting. Over time is your use of downloads and/or program installations significant to warrant the need for more space. For just a price difference of 15 dollars it seems to me the best choice would be to invest that 15 into the 2TB. That is assuming performance of the two drives is the same.

For the space 2000GB covers it really depends on if you feel if 1000 is going to be enough or be limiting. Over time is your use of downloads and/or program installations significant to warrant the need for more space. For just a price difference of 15 dollars it seems to me the best choice would be to invest that 15 into the 2TB. That is assuming performance of the two drives is the same.

Thanks. I also found out that caviar drives are older. 2TB it is.

Edited by Reetik2000

I have built 4 gaming pc's, i have always used newegg until my last build i used both newegg and amazon, i guess what my question is does pcpartpicker search all sites for the best deal ? I like to save $ like everyone else.

I have built 4 gaming pc's, i have always used newegg until my last build i used both newegg and amazon, i guess what my question is does pcpartpicker search all sites for the best deal ? I like to save $ like everyone else.

I've mainly used newegg but also bought stuff from amazon and B&H. It's pretty accurate. I've even checked it with the lowest listed prices on google shopping searches.

Edited by Reetik2000

Hate pc part picker. It does okay but it can recommend/allow in compatible parts. I pick a mobo then use those recommend specs to continue with zero issues in a hundred or more builds.

Just got all my parts in. Total cost ended up in like around $1700 but I have a problem. Has anyone ever gotten to clean install Win10 Student edition? First I had problems just finding the isos for it, then I had problems getting that iso on a usb until I found out I still had ONE FINAL BLANK DISC, after that who mess I get a continuous message saying it needs some media driver for the "hard disc drive, usb, or disc drive". I'm losing my mind over this.

Sorry for delay, for some reason it didn't upload the first time.
Here's two pics. I had like five but they wouldn't upload, cam up with error 301 or something.

[sharedmedia=gallery:albums:406]