Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Depends, I'm trying to train to get to the point where I can do the Chicago half. If I miss my time hack for that I may reg for the WDW half...plus, ITS IN MOTHERFUCKING DISNEY WORLD

my only trip to disney world was when I was 6 years old. we had just arrived at our hotel and needed to freshen up a bit. I was so exicited I was literally dancing in the shower. of course, I slipped and fell through the glass shower door. my parents health insurance only covered md's in our state...so we flew back home that day so I could get my face stitched up. to this day I still have an irrational hatred of disney world.

I want to imagine that this is what you'll be running the marathon to.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ[/url]

[quote name='AOBLXIX' timestamp='1340159898' post='33043']
Yes Disneyworld in Florida

And here is the proof.

[attachment=488:DisneyworldMarathon.png]

I might die. . . but it's ok. Starting to train tonight
[/quote]

If you die, can I take your spot? :D

Well I did not wear my ADK shirt the day of the race, but I wore it days prior.

Here is the course for the marathon. 

adk_1358278178__2013marathonmap1.png

And I did complete the Marathon.   It wasn't pretty by any means as I could have trained more than I did but I made it across the finish line!

And I did complete the Marathon.   It wasn't pretty by any means as I could have trained more than I did but I made it across the finish line!

Great job! How was the weather during the run?

Great job! How was the weather during the run?

Honestly 3/4 of the run was great.  It wasn't till about mile 17 where it was getting to everyone.    It was hot for people in Florida for that time of year.  (they were all complaining about the humidity and the fact that it was 80)  So to say the least it was colder in Phoenix which has been going through freezes the past week or so then it was in Florida.  

I think what made it worse from mile 17 on was the fact that it seemed like in the ESPN Sports Complex you would never get out of there.  3 miles in that what seemed to be small area, everyone I was around just wanted it to end.  haha 

Nice! I would give a lot to have a nice 80+ day for a run right now.  Pretty cold and windy up here in NH today.

Do you run many marathons?  I'm a big runner when it's warm out (avg about 30-40 miles/week) but haven't really ever done any races/marathons.

Nice! I would give a lot to have a nice 80+ day for a run right now.  Pretty cold and windy up here in NH today.

Do you run many marathons?  I'm a big runner when it's warm out (avg about 30-40 miles/week) but haven't really ever done any races/marathons.

No I don't run many, that was my first actually.  And anyone that knew me growing up knew how much I hated running haha    But I'm looking to start running in more races.   Going to start just doing a bunch of 5k races at least and then go from there.    As crazy as it sounds, it was actually fun and sure I might have been hurting like no other but it's something that I'd think about doing again.