Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
SageSennin

I got a new GPU and Ram.. Now...

I am using a i7 920 at 2.67 and I think I turned the base clock up but to be honest my motherboard is not for easy overclocking plebs like me. It's a MSI x58 Pro E. It's got a really old water cooler on it. 

I would like to get a new case and motherboard and eventually processor. I have been looking at Reddit /r/HardwareSwap and other places looking for a good deal. I don't make a lot of money so It's hard to know where to start and if I should invest in a board that takes the new CPU's and DDR4 especially when I just bought new ram.  I guess the new *Skylake*? Has a i5 2 core that can't be overclocked but I guess its better then what I have now? If I get the motherboard for the new gen processors then I can eventually just get something better without replacing the board. M2 slots I am usure if are really necessary because I have not jumped on the SSD hypetrain. I really don't need my PC to boot faster even though I guess it makes some gameplay better too.  Oh I just bought a new HDD too it's a 2 TB (Hybrid) though I gues its only got 8GB of SSD on it lol. It is a improvement over my old HDD though. 

Thoughts?

hard one this, no point in throwing good money away. 

would go for 

cpu  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117561

mobo http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132566

but thats $400 odd ... ram wont be cheap yet i normally get parts over a period of time and then build

Mine is still running strong. Have it OC'd to 3.8ghz

Overclocking is just something that escapes me. No matter how much I read about it I just can't grasp the concept. I was looking for some settings and very basic explain like I am 5 instructions to OC. I am worried about my liquid cooler as it is old and came as a free upgrade from cyberpower pc long ago when I ordered it.

Have you looked into AMD, they come with software that will overclock for you. The down side it they run much hotter than an Intel, The up side is they are cheap.

I run the AMD in my system and love it.