Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
chelseabrawler

Graphics card

760's a somewhat dated economy card, running those in SLI will increase problems in certain games and you will see diminishing returns on effects, they just don't have the processing power you'd see in a 980. 

IF....you can score a 980 at a good price....otherwise...980TI for not that much more and a BOATLOAD more horsepower....or sit on what you have, wait til next year's Pascal cards come out, and completely obliterate anything out there by a country mile.

overkill indeed. But hey, you haven't seen how smooth candy crush runs on my rig.

On topic: I agree that you are better off getting a 900 series than getting a second of your current card. The 980ti is a best. And it just had to come out a month or two after I bought my three cards :(

The 980ti has more video memory to support 4k. So if you plan to get an upgraded monitor anytime soon you'd be happy with upgrading the card. Going SLI doesn't double the available memory. I don't know the technical reason, but I assumed its because every card has its own copy of the memory for faster access.

Edited by apkJeremyK

LOL Most mobos run tri in x8, some x16 for two and x8 for the third... unless your running programs (besides games) that utilize the GPU... extreme overkill. But if the chicks dig it you go with your bad self.

Edited by Bromance

LOL Most mobos run tri in x8, some x16 for two and x8 for the third... unless your running programs (besides games) that utilize the GPU... extreme overkill. But if the chicks dig it you go with your bad self.

It runs x16 x16 x8. I knew the scaled % the third card would bring before I added it. However, running BF4 in surround on ultra was too much for the rig. I wanted a little more power to push, and it helped with BF. Did I need to do it? no. But I had a setup in mind I wanted to be able to run and I didn't want to buy new video cards already so I just added a third.

If your not in a hurry I would wait until these pascal cards come out this year, if the cofounder is telling the truth hes saying these cards will be 10x faster than maxwell. 10x that is insane... This will put other cards into the stone age.

@[member='Bromance']

Communication problems are understandable. It's a very taxing service, that requires a good CPU, RAM Configuration, and a great motherboard. Eventually i'll have a gtx 980 ti in my new computer so I'm not too worried.

so, just remember this topic.

I used to run an asus 7970, I did the math involved in upgrading and realised that to get anything with a major improvement I would be looking at a 980 or 980ti. I'm not rich by any means but got offered an asus strix 980 for £330 or $470 us. I can say that I feel it was not worth it. ok the 7970 was older technology but I gained around 25 fps it would have been needing a 980ti to make a real difference .

but on the other side I found an identical 7970 very cheaply, so might try to find some water blocks and run them xfire lol ...

Dont say i didnt tell you -.- 1080 gonna be faster than 2 980s in sli. Feel sorry for all those poor souls who spent their money on the 980ti.

Edited by n3h

This is what my build looks like and so far I have not problems so far

Motherboard: Asus Z170-A
CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K 4.0GHz Quad Core 8MB 95W (Overclocked to 4.5)
Ram Crucial 32GB DDR4-2133 (2x16GB)
Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB ACX 2.0+
Sound Card Onboard Sound

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SATA 6Gb/s 2.5inch SSD
Comments: Primary Operating System drive. 
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA 6Gb/s 2.5inch SSD
where i install all my gpu hungry games
3x 1TB DDH drives for storage and other non game installs

Case / Cooling
Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Titanium
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 Power Supply
CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H60 CPU Cooler (Rev. 2)
Additional Cooling: Arctic Cooling MX-2 Thermal Compound

On 5/10/2016 at 8:29 PM, Raziel23x said:

This is what my build looks like and so far I have not problems so far

Motherboard: Asus Z170-A
CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K 4.0GHz Quad Core 8MB 95W (Overclocked to 4.5)
Ram Crucial 32GB DDR4-2133 (2x16GB)
Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB ACX 2.0+
Sound Card Onboard Sound

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SATA 6Gb/s 2.5inch SSD
Comments: Primary Operating System drive. 
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SATA 6Gb/s 2.5inch SSD
where i install all my gpu hungry games
3x 1TB DDH drives for storage and other non game installs

Case / Cooling
Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Titanium
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 Power Supply
CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H60 CPU Cooler (Rev. 2)
Additional Cooling: Arctic Cooling MX-2 Thermal Compound

No problems but your $600 graphics card is gonna be worth about $200 in a few weeks. Rip $400