Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Zsadist

Running thoughts on Black Desert Online

These will be just random thoughts about the game as I play some alpha test. 

Combat is fluid and impactful. I got lost in combat to the point that I wasn't even mad I'm doing standard kill quests.

Combo system is amazing and abilities impact well. Gore and blood effects are well done.  Also. Double jumping and doing damage as you come down? Cool stuff. Headbutting and glory stomping on top of mobs is also very very fun.

Graphics are phenomenal.   Beautiful and fluid.

Character Creation seems on the surface to be standard. But is actually far deeper indepth then first preceived.  

Man, I've been watching game play, and almost went to the lengthy process of getting the game. I've got to say it has potential, and the hype is real. Just hope it's not another archeage

Indeed. From my play it is not. Fluid action combat is very fulfilling. I thoroughly enjoy that at level 30 you're forced to flag for pvp and it becomes what is basically a FFA. Guilds can also take over towns and fight for their control and the pvp looks phenomenal. 

I have a group of guys and we're prepping for the NA/EU release of the game. Which should tide us over until Crowfall releases. 

Looks pretty good to me! Too bad there's a few other MMOs that are coming out around the same time that already caught my interest. :C It'd be fun to play with everything though, we'll see.

Looks pretty good to me! Too bad there's a few other MMOs that are coming out around the same time that already caught my interest. :C It'd be fun to play with everything though, we'll see.

Holy shit. Long time no see. How's it going?

On the list of games to try. After getting sick and tired of the shit that the devs and nexon pulled for Vindictus, this game is on my list. They resemble a lot except BDO is more latest and new.

On the list of games to try. After getting sick and tired of the shit that the devs and nexon pulled for Vindictus, this game is on my list. They resemble a lot except BDO is more latest and new.

Just be aware. After level 30 it is pvp all the time. 

I don't think I'll have a problem with that. I'm actually looking forward to it. It's like pvp questing right?

Erm no. 

It's like questing to grind to max level while being completely exposed to whoever may want to murder you.