Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
starzsix

Levelingen & gearing proces

How long does it take to get max level and ofcourse how easy is the gear to get? Cause I kinda worry about the fact that's gonna be to easy ... just wonderingen en looking for some closure on this part 

Hey @[member='starzsix'],

Leveling to 50, depending on your commitment, take roughly about 50 hours.

As for gear, again, it depends on how committed you are. Once you reach level 50, the first pieces of blue and purple gear are fairly easy to get.

After that, the best gear comes from raids. Raid gear can be easy or hard to get depending on progression. Right now we are almost to a point where we can say we are farming Genetic Archives (the first raid), so obviously, gear here drops like candy. 

I think the best way to really know is to get to level 50 and raid with us. You'll and see for yourself!   :lol:

Depending on how much time per day/week you can spend, i would estimate 1-2 weeks to get to max lvl if you play everyday. gearing up for raids would take about the same amount of time, there is an attunement process that starts when you hit 50 that takes about 1-2 weeks on its own. 

Most of the content in the game is highly dependent on manging the mechanics, this is not a game where you statue up and push buttons. Even the tanks have to dodge attacks. most bosses have a Wipe mechanic that must be interrupted or managed, this act alone takes all more most of the party. 

Getting gear that will work is fairly simple, getting gear that is worth having will take some work. Each step on the content ladder helps you get to the next. lvling gear helps you complete shiphands. Shiphands help you complete adventures. Adventures help you complete dungeons. Dungeons help you complete raids. This is true for most gear you will find, except for a few random pieces that are hard to replace, even in raids. The gear that is worth it normally takes a little bit of grinding to get, i have seen the item drop once when someone needed it and i have seen the same person try about a dozen times to try to see it drop.

When you ask for how easy gear is to get, it mainly depend on what piece you are looking for. 

so overall i see this game is a decent replacement for wow? I will be playing this when its f2p and the beta right now because i just got a key. As an eu player is it possible to play on NA servers with minimal lag? 

@[member='starzsix'],

Is Wildstar a good replacement for WoW? That really depends on what your view of WoW is. It's hard to compare the two, but WS is much more akin to what Vanilla WoW was than it is in current form. WS is the first mmo, that for me, captures the enjoyment I felt playing Vanilla WoW. As a frame of reference I did not enjoy Cata and that Panda stuff was utterly unplayable for me.

WS is going to force you to pay attention in ways WoW never did. You will also need more patience with leveling, gear, crafting, etc...although that is being alleviated to a degree with F2P. My suggestion would not be to rush through the leveling content. There is a ton to enjoy. Great story, tons of content,  and humor abound. Leveling up in this game is awesome (you will look forward to it :D)

WS received a some what bad rep when it came out for two reasons. #1 bugs (new game), and #2 it was complex in a way most folks weren't expecting. WS broke several top tier guilds. They simply said "screw you, I'm going home..." because they couldn't rush in and beat the content. They didn't put the time in to properly gear t and develop their characters over time (ability/amp tiers).

It's worth a go for sure. My two bits,

StandOrFall

Edited by Mukugrim

@[member='starzsix'],

Is Wildstar a good replacement for WoW? That really depends on what your view of WoW is. It's hard to compare the two, but WS is much more akin to what Vanilla WoW was than it is in current form. WS is the first mmo, that for me, captures the enjoyment I felt playing Vanilla WoW. As a frame of reference I did not enjoy Cata and that Panda stuff was utterly unplayable for me.

WS is going to force you to pay attention in ways WoW never did. You will also need more patience with leveling, gear, crafting, etc...although that is being alleviated to a degree with F2P. My suggestion would not be to rush through the leveling content. There is a ton to enjoy. Great story, tons of content,  and humor abound. Leveling up in this game is awesome (you will look forward to it :D)

WS received a some what bad rep when it came out for two reasons. #1 bugs (new game), and #2 it was complex in a way most folks weren't expecting. WS broke several top tier guilds. They simply said "screw you, I'm going home..." because they couldn't rush in and beat the content. They didn't put the time in to properly gear t and develop their characters over time (ability/amp tiers).

It's worth a go for sure. My two bits,

StandOrFall

I am enjoying the game atm .. only i'm on the eu side at this point and as far as i recall you guys are on the NA side of the game? So basicly is there a way that i can play without lagging like a ton or i'm really stuck and need to be on the eu part because the lag is way to high for me on the na servers? 

We do have a guy who lives in... I wanna say London..  He has minimal lag, but there are some points where it isn't as optimal for him as it is for those of use who live closer to the states. But that said, we have a lot of people who live is Australia/New Zealand where they just have shitty internet on top of being further from where the servers are. Which is double bad for ping. But they still seem to enjoy the game a lot.

PvE is, of course, going to be different. It will be miles(kilometers?) better than PvP. With the ping different I don't know if PvP will be that enjoyable for you. That will probably be the only thing that your ping will directly inhibit your playing experience.

@[member='Mukugrim']

I do agree with you on wow, I am currently playing wow on my off time and the current expansion  is worse then cata or panda, it heavly time gated and nothing to do at 100, it the reason why the game is now at 5 million subs.

with Wildstar it helps the game is made this decade. I still think hardcore mmo is a niche but it better then what wow did in warloads.