Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Dylbags99

Windows 10

I put Windows 10  on my computer and it killed the usability of my SoundBlaster card.  Found out SoundBlaster is way behind on their driver dev for Windows 10. It also made my Razer mouse stop working erratically and had to un-plug/re-plug in the USB cord.  I ended up rolling the computer back.

I was not happy with Windows 10.

For those of you having shittons of problems with Win10, I've noticed they've botched the upgrade process pretty badly in the RTM versions.

I had a fresh install of Win7 in preps of the Win10 RTM, upgraded and it sucked.  I ended up pulling the product key out and doing a clean installation.

Let this be a lesson -- OS upgrades ALWAYS suck without a clean installation.

i got it since the minute that windows send me the upgrade, in my pc, works great, smooth and fast, no issues with games, only problem was 100% disk usage, but nothing really serious..

with a costumer, who is an accountant, have issues with accounting software, but its more a update from the developers issue, win 10 seems a more frendly with less powerfull ps´s, run great with those type of pc´s.

privacy issues, just look how to deactivate keylogger, in my country cortana not work, so, his keylogger is not available, deactivate usage of your pc as a  "p2p" server for windows update and thats it.

@[member='VinasSol']

not Happy with W10 or Driver support..... Too totally different things:) . My SoundBlaster works great on W 10, but yes Creative is horrific on driver support

My SB X-FI Titanium carried over just fine. I didn't have to futz with a single thing during the upgrade. W10 is awesome and so damn smooth

Oh yeah, They finally fixed 4k scaling!

Edited by NoxNoctus

Is it worth upgrading from windows 8 to 10?

I definately believe it is worth it. I have had no issues since upgrading and find most things are working better and faster.

@[member='Cagregorio'] Thanks for the info. I have had a bunch of mixed comments about it so I was not 100% sure. Problem now is that I am so use to using 8, I am going to have to relearn a bit. >_<

@[member='Cagregorio'] Thanks for the info. I have had a bunch of mixed comments about it so I was not 100% sure. Problem now is that I am so use to using 8, I am going to have to relearn a bit. >_<

If you have used any other Windows version you will learn quickly how to do the core stuff.  

The one massive gain for win 10 for me will be the spec performance which it will bring DX 12 , All cpu cores will be used instead of the current use of only 2 cpu's on quad and i7's . DX 12 will halve the gpu requirements and utilize cpu in a way more power performing way. The tin foil hat users will avoid over all the dreaded data win 10 is reported to be sending back to base - very little privacy and all that good apple based warm yummy DRM touchy feely stuff.

Loving windows 10 at the moment ! Alot of people have had problems with it with drivers not working and so on , thankfully ( touch wood ) i aint come across any problems just yet . 

If you didnt do a fresh install and just done a quick one that leaves windows 7 files on your system so remember to delete them to free up space !!