Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Dylbags99

Windows 10

Well I have "upgraded" my main gaming rig from Win 7 to Win 10. 

All appears fine at the moment, will know later once i have checked all drivers and software is up to date if everything works... :Zombie Horde:

Fingers crossed, :D

D.

mines downloading but not sure when i'm going to install it. Considering giving a few weeks to see reports of how its working.

EDIT: 

YOLO

Edited by Jokerz

So far, i have unstable internet issues - cant say if it's windows 10 or not causing the issue. I did not have this issue before windows 10.

Also cant load h1z1 - can load cs:go and dirtybomb. uninstalled h1z1 and reinstalled issue still persists.

So far, i have unstable internet issues - cant say if it's windows 10 or not causing the issue. I did not have this issue before windows 10.

Also cant load h1z1 - can load cs:go and dirtybomb. uninstalled h1z1 and reinstalled issue still persists.

Windows 10 shares your wifi with everyone now, is it possible that may be causing your internet to slow down or not work? Check in the settings and make sure it isn't sharing it 

Windows 10 shares your wifi with everyone now, is it possible that may be causing your internet to slow down or not work? Check in the settings and make sure it isn't sharing it 

Well crap, Wi Fi Sense is a feature I could live without......  YAY Microstuffed and their infinite wisdom, please share all my **** with everyone, and capture/store it on your servers to exploit me later oh happy day!

Have not gotten the chance to install yet. Though I am glad I have not since H1Z1 appears not to be working. I will start searching online for possible fixes.

Let us know if you figure anything out.

Have not gotten the chance to install yet. Though I am glad I have not since H1Z1 appears not to be working. I will start searching online for possible fixes.

Let us know if you figure anything out.

Response Via Email (Tongariki T.) 07/30/2015 10:56 AM Greetings Jokerz313,

This is a Steam overlay issue but still needs to be fixed on 10, some were able to fix it by disabling the Steam Overlay. We suggest you stay on 8.1 for now since it is working. Ultimately, the decision is yours of course on what OS you will stay. =)

Regards,

Your reference number for this contact is: 150729-000555.

Tonga T.
Technical Support
DayBreak Games

I will give it a few days and try windows 10 again.  Issues still need to be worked out with network adapters. 

Edited by Jokerz

Hmm, does anyone who has Windows 10 and is runing an AMD card have Batman Arkham City? And if they do, does it work? When I ran it on the preview it would crash, I haven't upgraded yet, may not till I get my new PC next year, but I am considering it, also, Plantronics needs to get its head together and realease a Windows 10 driver for the Gamecom 780\788, I will upgrade if that happens

I'm in the beginning stages of attempting this Win 10 upgrade.  So far it refuses to acknowledge the start key or let me use my start menu and the task-bar is about just as useful.  I think I have a Win 7 computer wearing Win 10's clothes but with none of the features I'm supposed to have.  Still trying to figure out what is going on.

My upgrade went flawless.

Few points:
After all done and logged in, restart again.
Install new graphic drivers. All my pcs showed an error at the end of the install, but after another re start works fine.
I have a 970 ftw with whisper fan/cooling. The fans would not come on. I installed evga precision x via steam and manually set fan temp and %. Works now. So be careful your gpu fans are working.

Side note, my gpu fans aren't on when PC is idle, only under load (higher temps) in stock cfg. But they never can on and got some dangerous high temps. Edited by Bromance

MMK - I kicked my issues ass, however it took several hours (10 hours to be exact) to figure out why h1z1 would not work with windows 10.

for those having a Issue:

• Turn off compatibility of steam
  • Turn off compatibility of h1z1.exe
  • Turn off compatibility of laucher.exe
  • make sure your h1z1 folder isn't read only!
  • Start game and enjoy!

My only issue so far is that Firefox seems to crash everytime I'm in battle log, can't currently use battlelog in Chrome and it does not recognise the "new" MS browser.
But once you get onto a server bf4 works fine

Dylbags99 = happy bunny... ;)

D.

I did a clean install of Windows 10 Pro x64 bit and it runs flawless, every game i throw at it runs just fine and some games run even better than before on 8.1, it reminds me of seven in terms of looks and the start menu. it runs a lot faster and I'm sure it has improved game performance, especially on Battlefield 4.

MMK - I kicked my issues ass, however it took several hours (10 hours to be exact) to figure out why h1z1 would not work with windows 10.

for those having a Issue:

• Turn off compatibility of steam
  • Turn off compatibility of h1z1.exe
  • Turn off compatibility of laucher.exe
  • make sure your h1z1 folder isn't read only!
  • Start game and enjoy!

Thank you for taking the time to figure this out and not giving up. Will be installing on my laptop today, and maybe computer early this upcoming week.

All upgraded as of last night and so far everything is working great no problems. Tried most of my games and programs and all appear to be working and even seem to be running faster.

When I build a new computer I'll upgrade to windows 10. Don't feel like going through the upgrade currently and it's been a few years since a new computer so it's time for an upgrade! 

Glad to hear people are enjoy it thus far besides the reskin of IE. -_-

@[member='AOBLXIX'] the new IE is actually pretty good. Very clean and better then before. Still a pain in the ass from web dev point and wish they quit versioning it an go like Chrome. It's even tested better for streaming performance and stream quality over all other browsers.

when I started my upgrade, for some reason the windows files got corupted. I was not aloud to open windows update, even in safe mode. So i did a fresh install and now i have to reinstall everything....

Maybe it has something to do with my ssd having corupted sectiors everytime the computer restarts

when I started my upgrade, for some reason the windows files got corupted. I was not aloud to open windows update, even in safe mode. So i did a fresh install and now i have to reinstall everything....
Maybe it has something to do with my ssd having corupted sectiors everytime the computer restarts

If you had errors on your ssd everytime you start even before you tried to update and if you still still do after a fresh install. I would advise bing very carefully and make sure you have a backup of all personal files and stuff as you may have a failing ssd. If the errors have gone then it could just have been corrupted files and nothing more. But to update to win 10 you will need to either update 7 to the Max, or there is away to do a fresh install of 10. Google it, if you want to know, I'm at work, will look it up later.

D.