Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
GAMERRADAR

vzw iPhone

I am soo happy i can finally get an iPhone! I've only been waiting for so long.. oh wait, i have one >.< and have had one for 4 years! lol.

Okay, so the same ol iPhone that ATT has, has been announced to be going to verizon wireless.. CDMA's network.

First off I just want to say, Yes: Verizion wireless has better 3G coverage, but thats on their outdated CDMA network, where as AT&T has poor 3G service, but has a 2.5 network to back it up. All Flaming asaid, and me actually agree'ing that VZW has better coverage i'm going to let you know some facts.

1. the iPhone will be the same on both networks, it will just be CDMA instead of GSM.

2. THERE IS SOMETHING ATT Offer's that VZW doesnt, and something VZW offer's and ATT doesnt:

- ATT Offer's you to multi-task, you can talk AND use the data at the same time, unlike VZW (which my friend even said, he thought all things said)

- VZW Offer's you to use the iPhone as a Mobile WiFy Hotspot up to 5 devices, which is awesome. but i prefer the multi-tasking..

3. VZW's Network is old, and under the pressure of the iPhone, will crumble. Think of it, there is only 4.4 Million Droid users on VZW, and 11 MILLION (ELEVEN) iPhone users on ATT's GSM network.

Thats what? 6 million more? 200mb a month, and BAM you have a network at its knee's. Now what is going to happen when the iPhone gets this big on VZW, its CDMA network will buckle as well. Yes they have an LTE network which the iPhone does not support, and is not even available in all markets, let alone half..

Well those are My excuses... now BGR says it right as well:

4. Why im not switching to Verizion's iPhone > Need for Speed

5. Why im not switching to Verizon's iPhone > I LOVE SIM CARDS!

Now, let you're flaming begin! seriously, i know you're all going to bitch to me about how VZW is soo much better and how the iPhone doesn't do what your stupid Droids do.

>> P.S. Remember how everyone used to say "all iPhone users think their better then everyone else" well its turned to droid, yea.. just saying.

I was going to start discussing some things that you stated, but I remembered you said you were done with discussions like these so I'm not going to bother ^_^

Verizon's network will not crumble under the stress of the iPhone...it never ran into any issues with the release of the droid. In addition, Apple announces their new model in June which will most likely be the 4gs model that Verizon will carry. So yes, the iPhone Verizon carries next month may be a bit lacking in some areas, if you suffer from A.D.D., but this summer Verizon and AT&T will have equal phones and it will all come down to network coverage and bandwidth. I'm looking forward to see which network is actually better in the end when the playing field is level.

Verizon's network will not crumble under the stress of the iPhone...it never ran into any issues with the release of the droid. In addition, Apple announces their new model in June which will most likely be the 4gs model that Verizon will carry. So yes, the iPhone Verizon carries next month may be a bit lacking in some areas, if you suffer from A.D.D., but this summer Verizon and AT&T will have equal phones and it will all come down to network coverage and bandwidth. I'm looking forward to see which network is actually better in the end when the playing field is level.

There's what 4.4 million Droid's on Verizions slower and outdated CDMA network compared to 11 million iPhones on ATT's GSM network. So, if ATT only had 4.4 million iPhones it would'nt suffer any problems at all. Once Verizion builds up its iPhone customer base to the number ATT has, it will start to have problems, it doesnt matter how much of an infastructure backhaul it did. Also count in how many netbooks and other data devices will be running on the CDMA network.. I'm not going to defend ATT here because I have had no problems with them, but their service doesnt work where you all obviously live (out west where i dont care about)

= 4.4 mill vs. 11 mill

the Verizion iPhone has one thing that ATT does not: WiFi hotspot

the ATT iPhone has one thing that VZW does not: Simultaneous Voice and Data Usage

if you want to go through everything though:

Price on both carriers: 16GB - $199 // 32GB - $299

NETWORKS

ATT: UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)

VZW: CDMA EV-DO Rev. A (800, 1900 MHz)

Data Transfer Rate:

ATT: Up to 7.2 Mbit/s

VZW: Up to 3.1 Mbit/s

Global Roaming:

ATT: Yes

VZW: Yes (Only few countries have CDMA Carriers)

Personal Wi-Fi Hotspots:

ATT: No (ATT is "considering the options)

VZW: Yes

SAR (Specific Absorption Rate)

ATT: 1.17 W/kg

VZW: 1.18 W/kg

SIM Card:

ATT: MicroSIM

VZW: No SIM

------------------------

and to be honost, I dont think the next iPhone will most likely not be a 4G iPhone because the 4G infrastructure has yet to build. LTE Phones are pointless, your Data fee's go up, while you get no speed increase, unless you live within one of the major cities, and at that the LTE roll out is iffy. and LTE iPhone will most likely be 2 upgrades away.

*Sprint's "4G" is WiMax not LTE

** tMobiles "4G" is HSPA+ while ATT already has rolled out for their LapTop Connect devices, and is GSM.

------------------------

You are right however, that it will depend on the Network, in the comming years, It will pend on who's got the phone everyone wants (proven by the iPhone) and who rolls out a reliable LTE GSM 4G network first. VZW shows to be promising on that, while ATT is slowly going foward with LTE, their actually finishing with upgrades on their HSPA GSM 3G network which will bump HSPA to HSPA+.

I think I will stick with my Vz HTC Incredible for now. It gets the job done and does pretty much what I want a phone to do. LTE coverage similar to what Vz has with it's 3G network is probably years away, and may never go beyond the limits of major cities. That's okay with me, as I don't need the amount of BW needed to stream video everywhere I go.

The one thing that the iPhone has going for it that Android will probably never get is the capability to listen to protected content (like audiobooks). Sure, you can always get bootleg MP3's, but the library in my state lets you check out a huge collection of audiobooks for free, and unfortunately the Android platform cannot play protected content, so I got an iPod Nano for that.

Will I ever get an iPhone? I dunno. I have a 64GB 3G iTouch and I like it well enough, and it would be nice if it were a phone, but Android works well enough for me. My biggest bitch with the HTC Incredible is that its display SUCKS in any sunlight and is virtually unreadable in direct sunlight. I hear that issue has been fixed in the latest generation of AMOLED displays, but my Incredible is still hobbled by it.

I figure I will hang onto my Incredible for a couple of years and see what happens next.

war

jail break that thing.

My ATT iphone is a wireless hot spot with no user connection limit other than speed degregation. I'm sure Verizon version will multitask through a jailbreak.

Biggest point is unlimited data with it's initial offering.

ATI=Droid

NVIDIA=Iphone

(youcantseeitanyotherwayIcantevenlistentowavfileswithoutanappwannabees)

gg

Att is offering unlimited quietly to existing iPhone owners thinking of switching.

And no. It's VZW's network it prevents the dual communication.

CDMA vs GSM/HSPA

ATI=Droid

NVIDIA=Iphone

(youcantseeitanyotherwayIcantevenlistentowavfileswithoutanappwannabees)

Just saw that.. WHAT? lol

If ATI is Android then im switching Naow.

I can change my phone anytime I want without paying a fee to ge it activated.

I've broken my phone several times. Bought a gophone and piped my aim in made calls as soon as I started the phone.

On CDMA. You have to call the company up and have them switch the account and information. Get charged a service fee aswell

uh ray. . . on Verizon you dial a number (*228) and activate your phone that way, you don't speak to anybody at Verizon to activate it. When I broke my camera on my phone I went into verizon happened to be just before they were closing, they didn't have any phones and said I would have a phone at my door the next morning. Then they said just ship the broken one back with the label provided after I activate the new phone.

SIM Cards = Over rated. Plus what happens when you lose the SIM Card?

Everyone i know with VZW, had to call them in order to activate their phones.. Then got charged for a new activation (about $20)

When you loose your sim, just run to the store and buy another one ($15ish) they'll activate it and you just throw it into the phone.

I love SIM Cards.

When i tranded my BB Bold for a iPhone 3GS i just threw my sim in the phone to make sure it worked.. he did the same, and then we went our own ways. lol. Plus i do that all the time now. I still have my 3G and i throw my parents sim in there every now and then. (sadly the iPhone 4 has a smaller sim card otherwise i'd be switching phones like a feen..)