Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
dinwen

Music when playing video games.

Me, having a burning passion for music. I can't sing at all, and I can barely play any instruments, but whenever I am on the computer, I listen to music. But the genres I listen to change from game to game. Do you people have any specific genres of music to different genres of games?

Depends on the game and the mood I'm in. I'm old so It can be anywhere from Ellie Goulding, Elvis, Lil Wayne , or even Blake Shelton.

[color=#0099FF]Depending on the game, the type of music is different, but I always have music playing when I game. Mostly rock music, but sometimes some rap or something by Skrillex(Even though most people hate on skrillex) When it comes to something like zombies on CoD, I'll play some rock music, maybe something by Final Confession or something from the zombies soundtrack. Other games, it's usually a wide range of sub-genres for rock music.[/color]

i find myself listening to a lot of other game soundtracks while i play depending on the game on battlefield i find myself listening to the Killer instinct soundtrack or something more like that and if it's an RTS game i find myself listenign to halo it really varies on the game but it's either Video Game soundtracks or Metal wich Ranges from Judas Priest to Amon Amarth

I listen mainly to Iron Maiden and Judas Priest when gaming. I'm personally mostly into older Metal but I do like a decent amount of modern metal. Trivium is probably my favorite Metal band on the more modern side.

For shooters I listening to Alternative Rock, Classic Rock, Metal-Corn, Post-Hardcore, Metal... etc. Sometimes even great Chillstep

For racing games - American Hip-Hop (because my Polish Rap is really... Really... Ygh...)

For simulator games - Electronic Music (mostly Glitch-Hop, DrumStep, Drum'n'Bass, Dubstep).

But somehow for each everyone type of game, I'm listening to everything. Because I like listen great Rock, sometimes awesome Reggae, beatiful Pop, awesome Electronic Music, and "M"-word gangsta rap

I mostly find myself listening to the Happy Hardcore genre, and most EDM Tracks/Sets while playing, My favorite DJ('s) currently would be NERVO, their live sets are amazing, same with laidback luke.

When its time to step up and give my a game, i dig deep and let Pandora deliver the thuggiest music it can to me on my Schoolboy Q station.  10/10, would feel like I'm in a gang when i play a computer game again.

It would be nice if they equipped the ships in Elite Dangerous with sound systems. The classical music is nice when docking but a full selection of music in the ships would be very nice!

I listen to a lot of electro/dance music, because I feel that when I am playing a video game, that when certain beats or drops play, that it kind of plays into the rhythm of how I am playing in game, making me seem like I'm doing better when in reality I'm moderate.

Music has a very influential power over the people who listen to it.  So if you want to walk tall, listen to some BAMF music.

I always listen to Gothic music like, the cure, paradise lost, bauhaus, the sisters of mercy, etc etc. I don't find myself changing music types for certain games, maybe i just in love with my type of music. I can see my self changing once in a blue moon  :D

Check out Post Rock genre. My favorite stuff in the world. Vocals are a rarity, it's usually long songs that form a sort of soundtrack of awesomeness that seems to find a way to fit whatever mood you're in.

Some kickstarter tracks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZKVNJqpBPQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htGmTJNsOr0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3ZpbwpQTfk

And, well, this entire album...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMHkYijJW3M

Another favorite genre is Trip Hop. Massive Attack, Portishead, Tricky, Sneaker Pimps, good dubby beats with chiiiilllllax in mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLrkE6T_m5Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85E9Q5Wx210

Depends what game I'm playing.. If it's a shooter, I don't listen to anything.. if I'm playing an MMO, It's usually heavy metal, especially at boss fights.. Makes my DPS better? XD 

When I play BF4 - I listen to various types. E.g. ranging from pop to rap to traditional Balkan music or Russian - other times it is swing music from 1900's and 1930-1940 music. Other times it is some form of country I guess when I play GTA? I don't know. I sometimes just turn on the radio to listen to people blatter - does that count?

I don't often listen to music when I play games but when I do the game definitely influences what I choose. For low-key relaxing games I listen to electronic dance, downtempo, jazz, etc. For games that are a little more intense I like pop rock or alternative rock.

Playing BF4 I usually listen to monstercat on twitch. The fast pace really seems to help me focus. Outside of games I listen to almost anything really haha

I'm like you @dinwen, my music changes depending on the game...

Lately its been metal or kpop channel on pandora when i'm playing games like Heroes
Then I got chill music or instrumentals for games like Civ5
& for games like killing floor or any FPS I need some booty music like good ol' DJ SMURF!

It definitely depends on what game I'm playing. If I'm playing something like Arma, I rarely listen to music, and when I do it's something more hard hitting but quiet (so it doesn't sound like footsteps. If I'm playing something like Rocket League however, I listen to something like the Chainsmokers primarily.