Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
null

Subbed or Dubbed

Question of the century right there, that is. 

I, for one, ABSOLUTELY CAN NOT STAND DUBBED. IDK what it is about it. but it just annoys me. Subbed is so much more accurate to the original dialogue than Dubbed is plus you get to hear the funny vocals that the japanese voice actors do, you wouldnt get that on a dubbed version. I started watching anime in dubbed. mostly in part because my first ever anime was bleach, but then i caught up to the dubbed frontline and it ran out so i was forced to change to subbed. BUT ITS SO better. IDK. Thoughts comments?

Give me a good defence on what you side with and tell me how you came about watching subbed or dubbed. ESPECIALLY if you switched at one point. WHY.

This single image can pretty much sum up my thoughts on the difference between subbed and dubbed.

sanjilolli.jpg

Well I usually watch Both. Subbed is neat because its what it was originally made with and the voices are what the creator wanted to have for each character. Dubbed I enjoy because I don't speak Japanese or Korean or anything other then English and Spanish and Portuguese and some French...so its nice to watch the actual animation rather then reading the text, I find I miss a lot of the animation when I have to read the dialog. Really is situational  for me, I like both and don't hate either. I am bi-....lol. * walks back to her corner * 

Only a couple of animes i can think off my mind that i approved dubbed.

Its DBZ (my childhood) and code geass (except nunnally or w/e her name is spelled) only because code geass was my last anime i watched on adult swim before i start my internet anime journey.

everything else i only watched subbed. SUBB SUB SUB SUB .. never dubbed.

in some way i would say both stil dubbed and subbed are both good in there own way subbed i would prefer on the longer anime's like one piece and naruto. but then if we go to the others like yu gi oh - air gear i prefer the dubbed one.

Personally I love to watched subbed shows like One Piece but there are certain shows like Naruto that I started watching in dubbed that I can't switch back to subbed without feeling weird.

Zatch Bell is also a show I CANNOT watch it in subbed because the voices just make me cringe compared to the English version. 

I agree with mcbriarty. It's all how you start. Subbed is the preferred medium imo but watching subbed dragon Ball z or Zoids or something is impossible.

I guess I do both. The girlfriend prefers subbed where I am dubbed. The ones I do watch subbed I actually have tome to sit and watch where the majority of my dubbed viewing is when I do other stuff like gaming.

@[member='Space']
I agree with you on that picture is cringe worthy but that is the nature of cartoon network. I try to find unaltered dubs because of that.

I've found it very hard to like Dubbed anime simply because of the pronounciation and the censoring in Westernized/dubbed anime. There are a few exceptions to this rule in which I do infact enjoy dubbed, DBZ, Gundam wing, Gundam Seed, I found the voices in gundam 00 Could have been better but they wernt terrible. I've found that the dubs that come out of Anything Sunrise is usually good. 

I believe when you start getting into anime you should watch it in dubbed.

eventually you should start getting into subbed, its sooo much better, also in most cases, episodes are released more often.

At first it was hard to get into, but once you do it'll totally be worth it! :)

I haven't watched a dubbed anime since I finished watching attack on titan on Netflix in middle school. when I heard they had dubbed SAO 2, I thought I can rewatch it, it was not watchable, I watched it as it came out episode by episode in Japanese, and the English dub is just awful, I stopped not even half way through the first episode.

Started out with dubbed as a kid(during the 90's) because that's all I had access to, but once I graduated from high school and subbed became more available, it's all that I've watched since.

I would say It would depend on what mood I am in. But usually I would watch Dubbed. Since Subbed is pretty lame to read and you cant really fully watch the anime. I think rewatching something I would do Subbed but If I really am into the series then I would say Dubbed.

It depends; I for one cannot stand when people in DBZ are screaming like little girls. Not everything is translated over to English to lip sync the characters when their talking. So, 90% of the time I prefer sub unless the dub has excellent voice actors. :)

Edited by Marcuszk

I always watch anime with sub mode, because i would rather read it in english but at least hear what they are saying in the originally intended language.

I have only used dubbed for One Piece because that is how I watched it when it was on Toonami, and it isn't even dubbed for the entire series, which is a massive amount of episodes.

I always watch anime with sub mode, because i would rather read it in english but at least hear what they are saying in the originally intended language.

I have only used dubbed for One Piece because that is how I watched it when it was on Toonami, and it isn't even dubbed for the entire series, which is a massive amount of episodes.

same reason for one piece but for DBZ.

same reason for one piece but for DBZ.

oh really? Because amazing as it is I havent watched dbz all the way through yet. But I plan to watch it all dubbed because thats how I know it to be

Honestly it depends on the anime for me, some of the dubbed anime's i love like cowboy bebop but 90% of the time I go subbed all the way! Sometimes for fun though I enjoy watching subbed, then dubbed to see how silly the voice actors are haha

I would rather watch a subbed anime because they seem to get the characters emotions right. Certain dubbed versions can not seem to get the emotions down. This can also be said about subbed animes though. Take Dragon Ball Super as an example, in earlier episodes, pay close attention to King Kai. When he gets scared or mad, the voice sounds the same as every other emotion the character goes through. So to me it all comes down to how the voice actors work their magic. If the dubbed version has strong voice actors, than i am all for it. 

Edited by PunishaKelv

3 hours ago, Ell said:

Im so upset The anime's i watch the no longer have the dubbed episodes come out on the same day its now seperate weeks!

I agree with you....there are a lot of anime which I love that I wish was dubbed.....I am a dubbed fan of anime so if I can find it dub I will watch it ..