Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Stealthy

Favorite dinosaur so far

So now that everyone has been playing for a few days, I am curious, what is your favorite type of dino so far and why? Also have you trained it? If you have, how hard was it to train? Also, any suggestions/tips you would like to share.

I think the highly versatile Spinosaurus will be my favorite Super Predator.. IF I COULD ACTUALLY FIND IT?! Is it even actually in-game yet? I've asked around and no luck..

Sabretooth, by far.

- It's fast

- It's super strong

- It 3-4 hits everything

- It gives increased meat + hide + other loot (Chitin, Keratin, etc) when you nom-nom-nom a dead creature (up to 300%!!) 

The only problem right now is, if you're a female character, you sit on it like some kind of manikin and you don't move at all XD

c9e55NT.png

I think the Dilo's are my favorite. I have a pack of 4 and I can kill ANYTHING. I took on a trex and won no problem. I also got into a massive battle with 4 trikes and won lol

I want to thank everyone who has commented so far. I hope we can keep it going. It seems like just when you have a favorite dino or a least favorite, the developers throw something new at us. After the next few weeks, we will see if your favorite is still your favorite. 

On a funny note: Nobody has given any love to the aquatic creatures. 

Carno is my favorite so far. Its a great mount and very ferocious, I can kill anything with it. It sprints really fast but the only small down side is its slow stamina recovery speed. Other then that I love it. Highly recommended if you want a mount to farm hide and meat. Currently in the process of taming a T Rex and I will have a saddle made for him. Might have a new favorite after that we will see.  |B)

@[member='EliteNinja']

Favorite dino is a T-REX thats rly it

@[member='Neve4']

Megaladon because I just like them :)

you both told me what you like but I want to know why do you like them is it because of their attack damage, speed, etc etc. 

I love to know why you like them when you start posting why you will see that others will chime in more to your post and before you know you made a new friend  

to tell the truth my favourit dino is not yet in the game his name

Koreaceratops

Why is that your favorite dino? Do you have a pic of it? 

@[member='Syrah'] is correct, saber is super strong, if they are mate boosted with nothing but melee damage they can single hit brontos

I am with @[member='MrGoat']

I had 4 Scorpions on the server before it was wiped. I plan on getting another one as soon as I can. I am also looking forward to taming a Sacro. If we are talking about future dinos. I am really excited about the following Bird.

Quetzal.jpg

AND

Mesopithecus.jpg

@[member='loopup2u'] 

I am with @[member='MrGoat']

I had 4 Scorpions on the server before it was wiped. I plan on getting another one as soon as I can. I am also looking forward to taming a Sacro. If we are talking about future dinos. I am really excited about the following Bird.

Quetzal.jpg

AND

Mesopithecus.jpg

Yes, the monkeys are going to be great to have "wandering" around the base!

I Had a raptor! I fought tooth and claw to keep him alive while i was taiming it.... killed a 37 raptor and then was ambushed by a level 18 rex. that ran me out of food arrows and was at 50 health.... but i managed to kill the rex. was gathering some berries to regain hunger when 2 sabers a 37 and 26 mate boosted come charging my way with a bird following them. I jumped on a rock and speared the bird to death then stoned the one cat and finished off the other cat with some arrows i crafted.

"I Fought tooth and claw" and I mean it litteraly.

then the admin "Unofficialy" killed em QQ poor razor!

I want to make a graveyard for all my dinos i will have and loose. but he was my favorite! I never fought that hard in this game. always ran so I never got a raptor. But I wasn't giving up this time! I Wanted him and i got him. good pet and my favorite simply because of the work i put into him!

May he rest in peace! :Eating Zombie:

Edited by krixous2415

By the way Great job with this post its a great post. I love reading other peoples responses and why and what dinos are popular among us ark fans! I look forward to seeing other peoples answer!

My favorite has to be the stego! It is slow, but I get to about 2k HP, and about 400% damage and I can take on anything. The knockback and range is better than anything other than a bronto, I actually took on a Trex. 6 sabers, and 3 raptors at once with my lvl 42 stego and left with over half health. Plus I can farm  hundreds of meat, hide, berries, or thatch fast as you'd like!

It isn't too hard to tame, super slow so you can just slingshot or tranq it down. The knockback is annoying so using a scorp is harder, but as long as you attack the head then you can do it fine. Took maybe 3-4 hours to tame and quite a bit of narco, but it has a bunch of torpor so you can leave to go grind some berries and then come back and not have to worry.

Edited by Psyscream

I'm loving my T-rex.  She's named Flouder, and is easily identifiable by her huge red glasses.

What can I say?  I like the idea of a T-Rex with near-nearsightedness :P  

But other than her, I like the Carno.  They're just fun little beasts.

My 2 favorite dino's have not been put in yet either my first is 300px-Dossier_Pachy.png?version=10ecce95

While my second one is 300px-Dossier_Paraceratherium.jpg?versio

I like the Carno. The stubby little arms are so silly. However, I'm super hype for the Quetzal. I haven't tames a carno yet, though. Been base building too much.

We have the following then I'll tell ya my FAV

1 bronto

3 raptors

3 ankleo's

2 mammoths

1 pteranadon

1 argentavis

2 dilo's

1 carno

2 ickteasouras's

1 megaldon

2 sabers

1 stego

1 parusourus

1 turtle

And I'm feeling that my fav is going to be the Spino we just tamed cause we just made a saddle for it.

yes spell check is needed