Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
QQtiePie

Show Your Desk/Gaming Setup!

Do you remember what distortion you used for Murican Sounding? Also, did you use direct input when you recorded your bass lines? When I play bass that's the way I tend to go myself, so just wondering.

Anyway, listening to those tracks makes me really want to get some bass pedals. I only have a $40 plastic Behringer overdrive at the moment lol

I was showcasing the Joyo American Drive, a $30 clone of the Tech21 Fender pedal, adds a fantastic sound and versatile as hell, did both the Bass guitar side and the Bass VI side (the guitar sounding part) with various settings, think the Bass had a little grit added from the BlowerBox as well, thing is super sick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbIFevxp-1Q

Okay. Re-did my desk lol

It's progress. Add some empty beer bottles, they make a festive decoration for any gaming desk. 

_MG_9006_zps34ea9653.jpg

Here's an older setup before I customized my new one.
It's a mixed bag, 90% of the stuff is for building atmospheric sound, the rest is fuzz and overdrives of various flavors.

Boss TU-2 -> MXR M87 Compressor -> Darkglass B3K Overdrive ->MXR 6 Band -> Joyo Ultimate Drive -> IdiotBox Blower Box ->
Source Audio OFD -> Source Audio Manta -> Joyo American Drive -> Source Audio Dimension Reverb -> Zoom B3

The Source Audio stuff is all chained together to a Hub and controlled by the Midi Mouse, I can dial in tons of different sounds on the SA pedals and then change them with a single press. Amazing system

Somewhat normal sounds, using my Bass VI

https://soundcloud.com/snorkeldork/murican-sounding

Completely unnatural sound, did this up when I first saw the latest Godzilla trailer, wanted something fckin ominous as shit. Just 1 bass and one take, no synth or anything

https://soundcloud.com/snorkeldork/gojira-bass

NNNEEERRRDDDDD!!!!!!!

Oh really, you used a Joyo American Drive? I didn't know pre-amps worked for bass guitars as well as electric guitars.

Also nice lamp lol, didn't notice that at first. I guess you use that to see your pedals better at gigs?

@[member='TheLedStone'] Most bass pedals and guitar pedals are interchangeable, just depends how good they are at low end retention. The American Drive is like a Preamp, has a 3 band EQ. The Joyo Ultimate Drive is badass too, can really get crunchy. For $60 for both pedals you can get some awesome sound. 

The LED I use for practice more than anything, dialing in new sounds on the SA pedals can be time consuming, lots of features on those bad boys. For gigs 95% of the stuff is just hitting the Midi Mouse and triggering another preset, easy peasy vs tapdancing. 

I don't even feel bad for hijacking this thread, only 4 of us have shown off their desktops lol

Damn, wish I knew about the Ultimate Drive earlier lol. I have a tube screamer now though so I think I've got overdrive covered but it's a great deal. So how does the Midi Mouse work? Do you just run a few pedals through it, set them as you like then save the preset or something?

Also since I've been asking all the questions, I myself recommend a wah pedal (like the Dunlop Cry Baby bass Wah) if you're looking for a new kind of pedal. You can get some great sound manipulations with it and it can also help make rockin riffs since the rhythmic foot back and forthing it requires can get your rhythm going if you know what I mean. I've only ever used an electric guitar wah pedal but I'd be surprised if it wasn't at least cool on bass.

Damn, wish I knew about the Ultimate Drive earlier lol. I have a tube screamer now though so I think I've got overdrive covered but it's a great deal. So how does the Midi Mouse work? Do you just run a few pedals through it, set them as you like then save the preset or something?

Also since I've been asking all the questions, I myself recommend a wah pedal (like the Dunlop Cry Baby bass Wah) if you're looking for a new kind of pedal. You can get some great sound manipulations with it and it can also help make rockin riffs since the rhythmic foot back and forthing it requires can get your rhythm going if you know what I mean. I've only ever used an electric guitar wah pedal but I'd be surprised if it wasn't at least cool on bass.

I have Wah covered with the Source Audio Manta and an expression pedal. Versatile as shit son.

All answers here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u_YnLXMtHU

So many pictures of clean rooms and clean desks! I'm so jealous. My Diabetes supplies scatter my small desk. :X It's also a cluttered mess, haha. Maybe you guys/gals will inspire me to keep it clean!

So I guess you like some electronic bass then by what the video shows? Didn't know there were so many bass pedals lol

Keep in mind again I'm effectively sharing the same board for guitar range sound as well as bass. For the most part my bass tone is just gritt af.

I blame these guys for my effects addiction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTq7PXlpA58

This is mine right after I put my desk/cockpit together, was depressed I have the triple monitor mounts but didn't realize my 2 other monitors aren't vesa compatible.

Once I have everything, still waiting on my flight pedals, I was gonna see how to box everything in or paint my walls I dunno do something.

So yea the cluster of wires will eventually disappear but right now ohh well.

[URL=http://s1029.photobucket.com/user/iNinjAC130/media/20150711_141601_zps1ce4weim.jpg.html]20150711_141601_zps1ce4weim.jpg[/URL] Kinda weird image but you get the Gist