• Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Pierce

What kind of joysticks/control setup do you guys use?

I'm looking into what kind of joystick I want to get for E:D, but I'm not completely sold on any specific one yet. I have been looking at the Saitek X-55 Rhino, though I am not sure if its the one I really want. Suggestions? 

I don't have a hotas setup BUT I did get to use the thrust master at Christmas, while it was okay I found it lacking in buttons enough for everything that elite has control wise. I, too, have been looking in to getting the x 55 and a lot of reviews say that it's really good. Do some research and ask book since he has a rhino!

I have had the Thrustmaster HOTAS X since shortly after getting Elite: Dangerous. It's a good product overall.
The "lack" of buttons noted by Razer really isn't an issue. I've found that you can make bindings for it that allow you to program two button combos to expand the range of features accessible to the user in Elite or any other game. I presently have the three thumb buttons on the throttle as my first button in these combinations paired with the buttons and HOTAS on the joystick for 'Flight', 'Combat', and ' Miscellaneous' functions.
My only critique of this product, to date, is a loss of friction in the forward quadrant of the throttle due to wear from continuous use. I've pulled the throttle apart (it's really straightforward) and it looks like I can put a little piece of tape or a thin layer of super glue on one of the surfaces to regain some of the original friction that has been lost through wear. Edited by Diettinger

I started with the x52 and moved to the x55 cause I wanted more bottons. The x52 has a really good preset in game only had to chance one or two things. Where with the x55, took me three hours to get it the way I liked. But the hours were worth every second cause I love this thing.

I have the MadCatz Fly 5 joystick.  I'd really prefer a HOTAS setup like the X55 but it does the job reasonably well especially as I also have a well setup version of Voice attack handling many many of the other commands.

I'm currently running a Logitech 3D Pro and G13 combo, but I'm hoping to replace them with a Saitek X52 Pro setup in a few weeks.  I'm a bit unsure about the X55 as there are a lot of reports of build quality problems.  However, a friend of mine has one and loves it.