Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Canadian_Bacon

read the min system requirements! (originally in all caps)

I play GTAV, BF4, ELITE Dangerous and more of these demanding games which made me think... "If i can run GTAV i can run anything" i was wrong. Every time i launch star citizen its crashes giving me some weird texture pack msg which I'm guessing is my graphic card. I'm not blaming them since i was the one who didn't read the Min requirements but I'm still confused on how i cant run this but i can run GTAV.

We have several members that can barely run GTA 5, but Star Citizen is extremely playable for them.

Considering the game is in Alpha, you might want to put the smallest amount of effort into figuring out what is wrong with your installation or system that is preventing it from playing Star Citizen. Assuming it has to do with the minimum system requirements is foolish and lazy.

We have a member with an E8400 Core 2 Duo(2 Core Processor with No Hyper-Threading), 4GB RAM, and a GTX 460 that is able to play the game no problem. Those are all well below the minimum requirements. If you have a system that is less powerful than that, yes, you probably should of paid more attention to the system requirements.

I don't know. My machine is pretty beastly (i7-3770, 290X) and it struggles with Star Citizen. GTA, no problem. That being said, Star Citizen is almost certainly not optimized at this point. Maybe the Core 2 Duo just happens to be one of the few configs that are well-optimized. However, I'm sure they've said that they're definitely steering toward the next generation of computers. 

You should check out the Oculus system requirements.

I had issues on my gt-70, before I burnt out the GFX on one of the many next gen games I was playing on it QQ Very said I was...  Tempted to say it was Star Citizen that was the ultimate demise on there, but hard to say, I was also playing Space Engineers, and Skyrim with the HD textures..  Either way, I was soo pissed..

I had to drop back to my Desktop, it's a Quad Core CPU, but plays previously mentioned games quite well, a little choppy in Star Citizen, but as @[member='loopup2u'] says it's still alpha, I expect issues like that.  Either way, I wonder do both of you @[member='zenlike'], @[member='tacticalnukepwn'] run AMD GFX cards?

I've noticed AMD doesn't get the love it deserves in many games.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/253859/update-summary-amd-system-stalling-problems

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/171949

At any rate, I expect as loopup2u stated there will be many efficiency upgrades and updates that are on hold until they've worked through the real meat of the games code.

I can do almost anything with my PC but Star Citiaens hanger still makes my FPS drop 10-20 at a time from 60.

But not gameplay.

Uhhh...  Well, skipping the hyperbole, the game is tough on all resource fronts from the standpoint of PC components.  

It desires preferably more than 2G of video ram, but you can get by with 2 if you aren't picky, and prefers about 6Gs of system ram with Win 8.1 (although you MIGHT get by on less if you REALLY aren't picky).  Suggesting a system based on a 460 with <1G vm and an E8400 with 4Gs of system ram are sufficient to play the game is to beg the question of what is 'playing' and avoids entirely whether it can play at all on multi player (somewhere between doubtful to impossible).  

Having done numerous runs on sinlge and multiplayer using systems that run from my own impoverished-by-age i7 920 and 570GTX up through SOC 980's and a 4790 with stripped operating systems Vista, 7, and 8.1, we are quite certain of our results, and they would not permit anything like a passing grade to such a system and many others besides.  

http://www.adkgamers.com/topic/106072-system-resource-usage-adk-member-information-on-what-it-takes-to-play-sc/#entry367111

If you're having issues, no doubt, you will have to give a serious look to the resources you have.  I didn't see system specs mentioned in your profile or post so can't say whether there is something in your user profile such as drivers, or other issues, that might effect your outcome, but there is little doubt (and Chris Roberts himself has specifically commented upon the fact) that this application will demand pretty hefty resources, and its fully finished version's upper levels of performance are likely for hardware that has yet to be released to the consumer market.

While it is true that optimization has and will help, it is gilding-the-lily to suppose any cycles or recovered frames are NOT going to be taken up by many aspects of the game whose yet-to-be-released modules' subroutines and resource-guarantee-groping haven't been added yet. 

~Dim

Edited by Dimwit

I can do almost anything with my PC but Star Citiaens hanger still makes my FPS drop 10-20 at a time from 60.

But not gameplay.

Mark said that the hangar gives him trouble in the second episode of Bugsmashers! and he is one of the devs. He had 3 clients open as well as running a dedicated server on the previous episode.

So yeah... if you are having poor performance in the hangar, struggle through it until you actually launch in AC because you may be surprised by it being somewhat playable.

Almost makes me think that they don't have all the info occlusion fully activated while you are in the hangar, but do have it on in the game.  Dunno for sure though.

The game hasn't been optimized yet and they still haven't released the requirements ans it will change as time passes on. they will most likely release the final requirements during/after PU beta/ full release

I could launch the game, but that doesn't mean anything, I get like 5 FPS even with lowest setting and resolution.

That's why I'm thinking of building a rig this year, currently doing part-time lol.

I believe that this game has nothing to do with what you currently have. When I initially downloaded the game, it was on a laptop with an i7 and a 970M, I was able to BLAST through AC. But started playing Attila Total War, and lagged a good bit. Wait for optimizations before making any major changes to your rig. 

*** Saw at Best Buy (where I'm at in Georgia right now) they were selling a GTX 970 for $380. A good bang for your buck

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/evga-geforce-gtx-970-4gb-gddr5-pci-express-3-0-graphics-card-black/2496109.p?id=1219549325520&skuId=2496109