Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

The Intel Core i7-4790K, codenamed Devil's Canyon, is an upgraded 4770K, Intel's current flagship i7. The 4790K features an improved thermal interface which enables it to dissipate heat more efficiently than the 4770K. Comparing the 4770K and 4790K shows that stock performance has improved by 13% which is consistent with the base clock jump from 3.5 GHz to 4.0 GHz. OC performance remains unchanged. Comparing the 4790K and 4790 shows that at stock clocks the 4790K is around

I know this CPU really well i have it running in my set up and i can play BF and run Skype and lots of other tasks.Also this is a great CPU to run with Titan X and a Samsung 850 Pro 256GB with a 4K monitor you will see beast 

Graphics.Tho i only have this and a GTX 750ti w/o a 4k monitor and still good.

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Intel-Core-i7-4790K/Rating/2384

I have the i7-5930K overclocked to 4Ghz. rock solid on watercooling. thinking of pushing it to the next step 4,2Ghz soon.

edit:

I tricked my wife to buy the i7-4790K along with the Asus ROG GTX980 Matrix... she hasn't complained yet  |B)

Edited by Darknae

So many people in this guild have 3k, 4k or even higher priced PCs. I think the perfect price range for a PC when it comes to cost vs longevity is 1.5-2k. Mine was about 2K in total. ^^ I also do use the i7 4790K and it is a beast. When I first got my PC a month ago, I did a benchmark test and it was almost as good or better performing than the i7 5720K. I'd say this CPU specifically is a very cost effective price vs performance type of CPU, and will last a long time and be very popular just like the old i5 3520?K CPUs still are.

If you like multi tasking or just do very CPU-intensive activities then an i7 is for you. If you're looking for a CPU that has great performance for a great price and that'll last you a long time, then the i7 4790K Is your best bet.

Edited by LennyWS

I'm still sporting an old i7 3960X all water cooled overclocked to 4.6GHz. It still holds its own, but it's showing it's age on newer games. I'm going to have to break the piggy bank and upgrade soon... I want an 5960X ;) and 4 way Titan X rig, but that ain't happening anytime soon. I'd have to rewire my house to power it and use it as a heater in the winter lol

I agree (no offense to anyone) that 3k and 4k priced PC's are kinda out there, check out what I am going to probably get next year that should still be pretty powerful

I am planning on buying this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-XPS-8700-Core-i7-4790-16GB-1TB-GTX745-4GB-GAMING-DESKTOP-WIN-8-1-WARRANTY-/321700664049?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ae6da92f1

and putting this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202144&cm_re=r9_290x_directx_12-_-14-202-144-_-Productin it, I will probably also spend $50-$80 on a new more powerful PSU for it that adds up too about $1.2k and should still be more than powerful enough for a couple years

Edited by jimmycool630

I personally won't build a PC for under 1k. Mine was 1.5k few years ago. I also don't by budget parts in hope to overclock. 3K is definitely overkill for just the PC, but if you are adding in all the extras like monitors etc, not un common at all.