Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Britforlife5862

GTX 980 Ti GPU

Guys what are your thoughts about the new titan X.Since its a nvida their is shadow play and that's a plus it just looks really bad ass.AQvtGxm.jpgdoesn't this look sweet.

This thing only takes 250 watts which is a high.

preforms best with a i7 4790k CPU and a few other parts

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Nvidia-GTX-Titan-X/Rating/3282

website i use to look at all the states and stuff like that.

@[member='Revenant']

That is an excellent point, why spend a ton of money on the Titan X when you could just buy the GTX 980Ti which is almost as powerful, computer tech gets outdated in a few years these days and I think that if I were to buy an Nvidia card, I would buy the GTX 980Ti, as it looks like it is actually better than a 780Ti, I am still hoping for a R9-390X or something similar to that

Exactly. The GTX 980 Ti has been confirmed to be like .05% or less different in performance than the Titan X and costs nearly half the price! It is definitely worth a buy (980 Ti) and on top of all of that sometimes even outperforms the Titan X. Lastly, when you compare power usage, the 980 Ti uses MUCH less than the Titan X. So there you have it. It seems like the new 980 Ti completely trumps all of the other cards out there, and it's priced at such a nice and semi affordable rate.

With all the different vendors for the 980 Ti, which one would you get?  I have an ASUS motherboard and would think to also maybe do a ASUS video card?  You would think they play well with each other.

With all the different vendors for the 980 Ti, which one would you get?  I have an ASUS motherboard and would think to also maybe do a ASUS video card?  You would think they play well with each other.

ASUS has good ones, but I usually choose EVGA. I'm going to get the EVGA 980 Ti Superclocked (or Superclocked +) with ACX 2.0 Fan (dual fan). It's about 20-30 dollars extra, but definitely worth it.

Yup. Although, I'll likely buy it off a site like Amazon, since I have Amazon Prime membership. A lot of sites have the 980 ti in stock, but it's still early that most are limited in stock and waiting for weekly flow in of new GPUs. That being said, by the time I do end up buying it, it'll likely be in stock. ^^

@[member='LennyWS'] - I just purchased it off of the EVGA website.  It was the same price as Amazon and NO TAX!!!   I will be getting it on Wednesday. EXCTED!!!

It's in stock? Hmpf.. I'm thinking of buying it really soon - early of course. Last I checked, it wasn't in stock. If they don't charge a tax, then it is definitely worth it.

EDIT: Currently not showing as available, but I can't buy it yet anyways. I should save up a bit more, but I may buy it then go straight towards working on selling my old gfx card, and by rent time I should be fine haha. I prefer getting the big purchases out of the way before they start to weigh me down on other expenses since I'll only be thinking about it. :P

PS: Way to go! We're changing this thread into a 980 Ti Fan's Club thread. xD

Edited by LennyWS

I am not personally impressed with it when the new GTX 980 Ti is becoming available. 

The cost is around $800 but half the memory.  Do you really need 12GB of mem?

www.cnet.com has stats about this new card.

Thoughts?

I think I read somewhere that by the end of the year the cost will be closer to 650$ which is where the original gtx 980 is now.

Haha.. Nice to see that the thread did indeed get changed into yet another 980 Ti thread. xD 

PS: Yes, 980 ti is $650 default and slightly more for some extra perks like 2 fans, backplate, etc - and those extras are definitely worth it.

I'll be buying mine in a few days most likely.

About 2 days until I buy my 980 ti. There aren't THAT many in stock right now because it still is early into release. I'm sure a number of 'rich nerd fanboys' have bought up a ton of the ones in stock. This seems to be the kind of card that the rich nerds go running after. >.<

Anywho.. I have to spend like $20 extra to get the card I want that is actually in stock and not just a 1-2+ month pre-order. Whatever, though.. Early birthday gift for me. ^^

@[member='jimmycool630']

Just wait for Pascal, its what I am doing and I have the 780ti (barely worse than a 980)

nvidia-roadmap-pascal-645x387.jpg

That Pascal framework looks insane. It seems like the graphics cards in 2016 and up will be a huge improvement over the predecessors just with having access to the 2nd generation memory platform.

EDIT: Sorry for double post. Any mod mind merging? >.< Thanks.

Edited by LennyWS

Titan X is amazing for like, graphic designers and whatnot. I see that the 980ti is like, 650$ and has more than enough VRAM for ANY game to be run on Ultra haha. at least that's how I see it

Graphic designers can use onboard graphics just fine. Matter of fact the NVIDIA GeForce line is horrific for development environment. Hence why the make other cards like the Quatro. Much better and designed for 3d etc.

Similar to the differences in a server set up and a personal computer set up. Edited by Bromance