Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

In this thread I am going to try my best to be as accurate and precise as possible to answer any questions that can possibly be answered as of this point. So, here we go.....

If you have not seen the Star Wars Battlefront Reveal Trailer do so before reading any further. 

vroomendor.jpg

Now that you have watched the trailer, there are some things to note:

The video was not actual gameplay. Not to say that the trailer did not look amazing, because it did, but it was more of a "Hey, this is a trailer for a 3d movie" rather than a "hey, this is a trailer for a video game".  In-game footage and gameplay are two TOTALLY different things. However, despite it being a staged video, it was still pretty amazing.  A little disappointed that we did not get gameplay, but there is speculation that gameplay will be revealed at this years E3 conference. 

endorboom.jpg

BREAKDOWN OF TRAILER (From my POV):

- Trailer starts off on the planet of Endor. In-game engine makes everything seem awesome

- At 0:16 I get my "Oh god, battlefield re-skin" thought as this is the same voice of the BF4 soldier. 

- At 0:38 we see that the rebel alliance will not just be humans

- Starting at 0:46 we see a rebel deploy a shield, followed by another rebel using a jetpack+rocket launcher combo to take out the AT-ST.

- At 1:00 "PEW!PEW!" AT-AT comes along. Which to me is actually really stupid. How in the heck does a mammoth AT-AT navigate the dense woods of Endor? I don't know, I did not like that one bit. On top of that, the AT-AT looked almost to real, which made it look cheesy, in my opinion. 

- At 1:08 rebel uses radio to call in a bombing run by Y-wings. 

- At 1:37 we see our first confirmation that heroes and villains will be in the game as Darth Vader shows up. 

- At 1:40 we see the iconic Hoth battle.

- At 1:42 we see a X-wing chasing a TIE fighter.

- At 1:46 we see our second villain, Boba Fett on the planet of Tatooine. 

- And then at 1:52 and onwards we see a battle on the planet of Sullust, including the famous Millenium Falcon. 

All in all, a cool "cinematic/movie-ish trailer, would have still liked to see actual gameplay.

snow.jpg

Now onto some burning questions that some of you might have:

1) How many players can the game support?

According to EA/DICE the max will be a 40 man battle

2) When is the release?

The release is November 17th

3) What gaming platforms will be supported?

PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4.

4) Will this game have DLC?

Yes, it will. In fact, the first DLC will be FREE to all who buy the Battlefront game, pre-ordered or not. If you pre-order you get the DLC December first, all others will get the DLC one week later. The DLC is the Battle of Jakku which happens to be the setting of the opening scene of the new Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer and consists of two maps.

5) What are the benefits of pre-ordering?

See for yourself, HERE

6) Will the game support both first and third person mode?

Yes, yes, and yes. Thankfully. 

7) Is this game going to be online only?

No. Online multiplayer is an option. However, you can also solo or with a friend in co-op missions.

8) Will there be a campaign?

No. Not exactly. There will be missions but not a campaign.

9) What game modes will be in the game?

Not a lot is being revealed about the game modes as of this point. But based on what DICE dev's have been saying this is what will be included:

- Walker Assault. 

- In atmosphere aerial combat

10) If I am on console, is there a splitscreen mode?

Yes

pew.jpg

So, in conclusion I personally am having some doubts now about this. Only four maps to start off with when buying the game, DLC (which is always a pain), no space combat, no clone era, no gameplay still. After watching a video by JackFrags, a well known gamer on YouTube, he went into a little more detail about the game when he went to Sweden and watched some multiplayer gameplay. From his video, in short:

- Player movement wasn't particularly fast. Average speed.

- Ewok villages accessible for sniping positions, but no Ewoks, apparently.

- Potentially no ammo in the game, just heat and cool down for the weapons.

- Rocket Launcher is a pickup item. (Sounds like Hardline.....)

- More pickups scattered around map.

- UI clean and simple. Basic circular mini-map. If you shot or sprinted you appeared on mini-map. Four slot options for weapons and pickups. Most likely 3 primary, 1 for in-game pickups.

- No 3D spotting.

- Game running 60 FPS

CCziEBJXIAEsDRu.jpg

(Game Cover)

Comment your thoughts below.

I think the reason you're thinking battlefield reskin is because it's DICE who is making the game.  

Yes, I know who is making the game. But when you strive to make this game different, you have to do just that. In almost every aspect. The running looks the same like Battlefield. I'm just not so sure, but we will see when they actually give us gameplay. 

I hope they do a "commander" type thing but make it more engaging. Like a bombing run but you take role of bomber and have to drop the bomb at the right spot kinda thing. But we shall see.

http://nerdgasmicblog.blogspot.com/2015/04/star-wars-battlefront-is-starting-to.html

Soooooo....

PS2 Version:

Clone Wars and Galactic Civil War

Space battles

64 players on PC version (including tons of bots)

30 unique vehicles

26 Maps all with different variants.

Single Player Campaign

23 playable Heroes & Villains

Made by a great developer but the team got destroyed by EA.

EA's next gen triple A game:

Only Galactic Civil War

No Space battles

Only 40 players with no bots.

Only 6 confirmed vehicles. AT-ATs aren't even playable.

Only 4 planets

No Single Player Campaign

Published by EA games.

TL:DR;

fELUnls.jpg

Edited by NoxNoctus

@[member='NoxNoctus'] but they had to cut it to get next gen graphical quality /sarcasm.  I have to give EA props though they are being extremely transparent. 

Not going to lie, my hopes dropped sharply with the recent information being released. Just not having space battles is almost enough to bring a tear to my eye. I have similar fears to feather, that it will in essence be a battlefield re-skin. But i'm more scared/angry that we will get nothing as far as heros/maps all held hostage by the slimy tentacle EA loves to ram into everything's anus, DLC. I'm still going to hold out and see the game before I make my final judgments.

The only thing that bothers me is that the max capacity for battles will be 20 vs. 20... 

I was kind of hoping that since this is 2015, and a lot of other games have moved on to 100 player servers, EA would take a bit of a risk and try it out. It just worries me a bit because they're sticking to what they know is safe, which hasn't been promising with their latest releases. 

Of course I'm not saying that it WILL be bad... I'm just saying that when I think of Star Wars, I think of large scale battles with frontlines and whatnot. A 40 man battle may be a little bit too similar to battlefield, since the maps will probably be small because of the amount of people.

The only thing that bothers me is that the max capacity for battles will be 20 vs. 20... 

I was kind of hoping that since this is 2015, and a lot of other games have moved on to 100 player servers, EA would take a bit of a risk and try it out. It just worries me a bit because they're sticking to what they know is safe, which hasn't been promising with their latest releases. 

Of course I'm not saying that it WILL be bad... I'm just saying that when I think of Star Wars, I think of large scale battles with frontlines and whatnot. A 40 man battle may be a little bit too similar to battlefield, since the maps will probably be small because of the amount of people.

I agree completely. I can't scratch the feeling that it's just a money grab to coincide with the new movie....I will wait to hop on the hype train once they release more than cinematics...

Edited by Swan Solo

From what i've looked at, Galactic conquest will not be a part of the same either.  In all honesty, I think I would rather have a Battlefront 2 reskin than a game with Battlefield aspects in it.  I hope that my expectations for this game come true but I highly doubt it.

Battlefront 2 was fun as hell, but I don't really see this being the same. Yes it's cool, but I don't think I will be playing it as much.