Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
DecoyDrone

Meetings Structure

I just want to say thank you to everyone who came to the meeting tonight. In future meetings we will make sure to time box at the beginning so everyone can plan how long it will go.

We will be improving the meeting structure in general so that we can be effective with everyone's time. Thank you again for spending it with us tonight!

Apologizes for letting the meeting get away from me. 

@[member='DecoyDrone']

Sorry I missed the meeting. I was under the impression it was 4/20... cough @[member='BobLogger'] cough ... 

Hopefully the meeting went well. Any chance of an audio recording or meeting notes being taken?

enjoyed it but i had to leave after we started talking about spies for the 8th time.  I was in a lot of pain and very irritable. enjoyed it overall, a little more structure would be awesome but its still good to have that much input regardless if it takes a bit longer.

No reason to apologize as you did a great job Decoy, no worries at all.

Like others have mentioned, I'm not a huge fan of the spy conversation and can only suggest we focus elsewhere. I also believe there was a basic misunderstanding in that the "white van" concept was taken by some as a suggestion we create a spy network, when the original post was really about gathering data using game mechanics. Granted, it appears we have this habit of speculation in these meetings when we could try to center on what is achievable today.

That said, here are a few basic suggestions moving forward: 

- It may help to build out a brief agenda and send it off/post it before the gathering with time allocated to each topic. Having an agenda be transparent goes a long way in time management.

- A dedicated scribe or someone recording on TS would be helpful to post meeting notes here after the fact.

- Handing "the floor" to people speaking sometimes allows the group to stay on topic and prevents interruptions.

Cheers

I agree - putting together a bulletpoint/agenda and going over a quick brief before the meeting starts would be good.

Also ... well, Sakkara pretty much said it well enough - so, ditto. ;)

No reason to apologize as you did a great job Decoy, no worries at all.

Like others have mentioned, I'm not a huge fan of the spy conversation and can only suggest we focus elsewhere. I also believe there was a basic misunderstanding in that the "white van" concept was taken by some as a suggestion we create a spy network, when the original post was really about gathering data using game mechanics. Granted, it appears we have this habit of speculation in these meetings when we could try to center on what is achievable today.

That said, here are a few basic suggestions moving forward: 

- It may help to build out a brief agenda and send it off/post it before the gathering with time allocated to each topic. Having an agenda be transparent goes a long way in time management.

- A dedicated scribe or someone recording on TS would be helpful to post meeting notes here after the fact.

- Handing "the floor" to people speaking sometimes allows the group to stay on topic and prevents interruptions.

Cheers

Well, first of all, I totally agree that having an "agenda" for the briefing would help keep things a bit more under control.

Then, about the "spy network", at least for me, I totally understood what the "White van" concept was about.
Like other members during this meeting, I just thought that trying to gather information could possibly be done in other ways than just hacking, intercepting, stealing (etc.) data from within the game. But if this concept is negatively perceived in our Organization, that's totally fine by me: again, that was just an idea (which we discussed maybe a bit too much, especially knowing that we're missing a lot of information on how the game will work ^^).

I agree - putting together a bulletpoint/agenda and going over a quick brief before the meeting starts would be good.

Also ... well, Sakkara pretty much said it well enough - so, ditto. ;)

You can also record meetings pretty easily using TeamSpeak, host onto a server or better yet SoundCloud, then have it available for those who can't be there.