Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Deadfistninja

Is 20 posts too many?

@deadfishninja I thought the 20 posts would be something that might take a bit because I didn't see a lot to comment on and didn't want to spam new posts on the Battlefield 4 section.....but now I see why the 20 posts requirement.  It caused me to explore the forums and I found a lot of cool stuff in the General Forums.  In fact, I need to go check out more sub-sections of it.  Believe me, if you explore the forums, you can find plenty to make 20 posts on.

I started this adventure with the 20 post requirement being my biggest hurtle. As today progresses i have found that in fact it has been nothing but a good time and full of good information. As I continue to work towards my 20 posts I do see how this keeps trolls from joining and weeds out the bad seeds. You have to put effort in to become ADK not just have some tags handed out to you that you could care less about. Great idea and 20 is just the perfect number I feel. 

I also thought 20 good posts would be difficult to achieve.

The purpose of the posts is to get people involved in the community, to facilitate a way for the community to grow, and above all else, to let us get to know a person.

The sad part is seeing people hit their requirements, then never post again. We want people to keep coming back to the forums so they can stay updated.

In Battlefield, we have some regular members that try to enforce old rules (which they shouldn't be doing regardless of whether a rule is old). This causes confusion and frustration amongst our guests in game.

Often times, these members rarely visit the forums and are not up to date on what management has decided to do as the games move on in age, and as we balance a delicate line of maintaining a player base in a global decline, we adjust rules to ensure our servers are some of the top servers in the game.

This helps grow the community, brings in donations for server costs, ensures people continue to strive to be more than a regular member by joining the admin ranks, and this all comes down to the recruiters accurately ensuring that the 20 posts contribute enough to allow us to determine whether a person will be that type of person.

20 posts is nothing to achieve. Even for somebody who has never been a forum poster. I managed.

yeah i  totaly agree with you there i thought my brain wouldn;t work which i have never posted anything before on any forums . it's  easy to do now for me.i do read forums which is a very good thing. people should read and do more then there 20 posts.it's not that hard to do.

20 Posts may seem like a lot to most players who don't visit the forums but the idea behind a gaming community is to actually discuss topics and see if the community has any input. So i would say along with the 20 posts there should also be a activity requirement. As you may see some people post just to get membership and never revisit the forums again.

I honestly thought 20 was a lot at first. But I'm a new applicant and it has really got me engaged on the site. I'm honestly happy no that ADK has a 20 post for new applicants it a way to get you engaged with the site and forums and a chance to meet new people.

I mean to be honest I feel that it helps people become part of the community.  Not too hard if you actually engage with people :rolleyes:  :D

20 Posts will weed out the people who really don't want to be apart of the community. I think its a good idea

Same. I find it pretty easy once you find things that interest you or people you might be able to help. 10 would be too few in order to weed out uncommitted applicants. I think 20 is fair and definitely doable in a 2 week period.

Edited by SirRelix

Same. I find it pretty easy once you find things that interest you or people you might be able to help. 10 would be too few in order to weed out uncommitted applicants. I think 20 is fair and definitely doable in a 2 week period.

Yeah. I've heard of some gaming clans/groups have you in a non-member probation period for a year. Ive also heard communities that require 100+ posts, many many hours with them to even be considered.

I dont think 20 posts is too hard with you introduction, and application counting. and if you want to be a part of it 20 post isn't to much work but it shows involvement  and to be able to contribute to the community and shows that you can follows directions

4 years ago it was just 10 posts...

yea ... think about that for a moment :lol:

then again it was a fairly small size community that's about to take its steps into the "medium" size

On 4/13/2015 at 3:05 PM, Deadfistninja said:

Hey I am really excited become a ADK member and I know 20 posts isn't really that many, but I feel like they are taking forever! Thoughts?

huehuehue  look at my app hahaha.  then tell me how many is too many lol. 

but you will find ways. look in the game channels, post some thoughts on a game, or even post videos of your gameplay. Or  start welcoming people :)

btw.   Welcome to ADK though I am sure you will like it here.

LOOK HERE SONNY BOY. BACK IN MY DAY. THERE WAS NO POST REQUIREMENT. YOU JUST HAD TO HAVE ADMINS FROM THE SECTION VERIFY THEY KNEW YOU AND COMMENT ON THE THREAD THEY KNEW YOU. YOU HAD TO MAKE THEM LIKE YOU OR ATLEAST PUT UP WITH YOU UNTIL YOU GET IN. IT WAS CHAOS. YOU COULDN'T BE AN UNBEARABLE FUCKBOI OR YOU'D RISK THE SECTION ADMINS JUST SAYING NO.

:realtalk: 20 posts is simple. If people can't get 20 posts within 24 hours are literally not trying. If you're not trying. You're not investing time into the community. If you're not investing time into the community. Why the fuck would we give you ADK tags? 

See. Super simple stuff. 

It really impresses me how many times this "is 20 posts too much" topic has surfaced. I think everyone else here as expressed my views on the situation. I'll be honest I actually think its too low. We do have an alarming amount of people who have created a site account, applied for membership,  got accept and most withing a 3 month period disappear of the side of the earth. While more posts wouldn't alleviate that issue particularly I does to some degree help denote those who might actually have a larger interest in the community. 

However, I do think 20 posts is a fair requirement. I'm not much of the social type either but I do find it easier to socialize through text as compared to verbally chatting on TeamSpeak. We have hundreds of thousands of threads/posts on this site so nowadays picking a topic should be the least of anyone's concerns. I wouldn't recommend reviving a topic from the 2011 time frame but you know what I mean. It is by far the easiest of all the requirements. I personally recommend new applicants to consider going beyond that number because it can leave a better impression about your interest in the community and at the same time spark from new conversations and friendships with other people.

6 hours ago, War_Adm1ral said:

It really impresses me how many times this "is 20 posts too much" topic has surfaced. I think everyone else here as expressed my views on the situation. I'll be honest I actually think its too low. We do have an alarming amount of people who have created a site account, applied for membership,  got accept and most withing a 3 month period disappear of the side of the earth. While more posts wouldn't alleviate that issue particularly I does to some degree help denote those who might actually have a larger interest in the community. 

However, I do think 20 posts is a fair requirement. I'm not much of the social type either but I do find it easier to socialize through text as compared to verbally chatting on TeamSpeak. We have hundreds of thousands of threads/posts on this site so nowadays picking a topic should be the least of anyone's concerns. I wouldn't recommend reviving a topic from the 2011 time frame but you know what I mean. It is by far the easiest of all the requirements. I personally recommend new applicants to consider going beyond that number because it can leave a better impression about your interest in the community and at the same time spark from new conversations and friendships with other people.

Exactly. 

The more posts you chug out. The more we get to know a new applicant and for sure the more we feel a new applicant will make a good active ADK member. It's all well and good to be on our servers and our teamspeak. But it's a full package. You gotta put some effort into our forums as well. Afterall. This is where all our updates go. This is usually where you get to discuss new changes to our servers or new games. I never understood the person who can be on TS for four hours a day chatting their face off that comes to the forums and gets shy and "tongue tied" 

There a lot of different stuff you can do as a requirement!!!!

But the 20 posts,10 hours in game, 10 hours on ts is easy.

It  could be changed to 20 hours in game, 20 hours on ts and 20 posts and get feed back from members and up just to to become a new adk member  which would make it a bit harder but least you would know that members want to join adk and people get to know the other members they would need to introduce them selves on the forums and team speak that way you need to play with your fellow members :P 

Twenty is easy to get if you just take the time to type out a full sentence and reply to the topic.  Another Reply I can add to my requirement. Whoop Whoop!!!