Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Deadfistninja

Is 20 posts too many?

@[member='Deadfistninja']

Most of the recruitment requirements are there to weed out toxic players from our player base.

Its just a filter we have in place to see if a potential Applicant is willing to make 20 constructive posts on our website in a decent amount of time (not spamming all at once).

You will get there :) you are on he right track, just keep it up!

Twenty posts definitely isn't a lot, as stated above, organizations prefer quality over quantity and its a great way to avoid toxic players and or hoppers that hop from one organization to another. Typically when someone sets out to achieve a certain post requirement, they learn a lot more about the organization as they spend time searching the forums. Honestly, I'm a bit shocked the post requirement is so low, I mean sure, you don't want to raise the requirement too high, but I wonder if twenty is enough to get people in the habit of coming back to post after their twenty. It would be interesting to see what percentage of members that hit twenty or twenty five posts actually get higher than twenty to thirty posts during their membership.

Im on my 20 posts battle right now. I am actually really enjoying it. I get to go around the entire forums looking for threads that i can relate too and give me 2 cents. 

The best part is when someone replies to your post and i get to reply back! 

DOUBLE KILL

This also really helps the forums being active and the 20 posts a month?! Genius.

20 post is nothing guys. It is here for a reason, and really does not take that long if you just spend some time on our forums.

Be constructive, take your time to write a post worth reading, and before you know it you will be done.

Plus if you think 20 post is to much and you just "spam" through it or leave 3-5 word comments everywhere thinking that will cut it, you will find that your app maybe put on hold till you get in 20 constructive posts.

Do it right the first time...find posts you are interested in or can help others with.

way i see it is  it shows dedication to you post your proving you will go the extra mile to be apart community just like you would go about a job interveiw you would drop that resume like a boss.

Edited by tyler king

I just recently put in an application and I can see where you are coming from.  20 posts at first seem like a lot but realistically it is not that many.  I tend to just post questions on the recruitment forum to get feedback.

I easily hit 20 Constructive posts within 2 hours just by going through the whole forum and giving my input on different threads. It seems like a lot at first but just pull up the "see new content" button on the forum and you can easily pop 20. I've only been here for about 5 days and I have 50. That's about 10 a day.

Edited by ChaosSound

I feel like 20 posts is enough to get a basic idea of a person, You'll notice whether or not they are simply "Forcing" posts for the sake of the requirement, or people who will genuinely look around until they find something of interest, or decide to spark a topic of their own, I for instance feel like this post can allow people to express their thoughts even beyond the question at hand, for instance I was inclined to reply here because it was a very laid back topic and allows people to converse.

For the record i'm very new here, this will be my first post. and I'd like to say hello. :)

Doing the 20 posts, is much easier than the 10 hour requirements, theres so many different sections and threads to respond to and create a topic in. it just requires a lot bit of thinking and creativity, once you start you can get on a roll in be done in no time! just have faith and start posting in stuff you feel strongly about

Haha, the last gaming community I was in requires 100... and there were many there that did not think that was enough.
If a community is based on a forum, only people who enjoy a forum setting should apply. If you enjoy a forum setting, 20 posts is a cake walk.

The twenty posts that is required here is so much better than most communities.  The last community I was a part of required an application and interview so this is much better and separates the people from the trolls somewhat.

CJAY