Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sakkara

Advocacy Concept: =TF1=

I like this, though now I feel I'm a little unclear as to exactly what an advocacy is, or specifically, how granular the advocate will have say over it. This sounds more or less exactly like a private "squadron" type deal which is great and will be needed for sure, but I thought an advocacy would be a broader concept. Something like an Internal Security Advocacy, which would form and control multiple task squadron(s) as needed. More discussion for the meetings, I guess! :D

This example would specifically be advocacy for capital ships and operations that go along with them. Sometimes the best way to convey an idea to a group is to show how it could actually be executed, giving folks an output as opposed to just input or a broad idea. It may also help to consider the above post as potential fruit from the advocate tree as opposed to the post being the tree itself.

This example would specifically be advocacy for capital ships and operations that go along with them. Sometimes the best way to convey an idea to a group is to show how it could actually be executed, giving folks an output as opposed to just input or a broad idea. It may also help to consider the above post as potential fruit from the advocate tree as opposed to the post being the tree itself.

Sounds like we're on the same page then. I can see the future where we have dozens of advocacy promotions like this try to draw the attention of ADK members.. it's going to be so beautiful. On the downside people are going to starve to death playing this game all day every day.. might just be worth it.

I want to make a fancy and exciting poster for the ship rental management software I have in my head but I just don't see it having the same draw as an elite squad based cap-ship battle group.. maybe these spreadsheets need more lens flares...

To be clear, this is an example charter right? The advocacy is made up of advocates that represent different charters. Unless we want to start calling charters something else it might be good to clear that up.

Ill be all about some boarding actions.  Want to go as far as setting up mock runs inside friendly ships to learn the layouts and best routes to clear.  Eventually ill get my dogfighting down, until then passenger is fine :)

To be clear, this is an example charter right? The advocacy is made up of advocates that represent different charters. Unless we want to start calling charters something else it might be good to clear that up.

This is an example of a potential output from capital ship advocacy/policy efforts. Of course, it can also be flipped on it's head as advocacy exists because capital ship issues need to be part of the overall discussion. Regardless of what this end result ends up being called (charter, wing, whatever) it would probably be wise for us to consider how this would actually fit into a structure. A bottom up approach to requirements instead of the top down look, if you will.