Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
TheFerngully

Anyone getting Guild Wars 2?

Guildwars was one of my favorite games of all time.
I'm a little tentative about MMOish games when they first come out.
Especially because there changing the entire skill mechanics.
I'm going to wait for some feedback then make a decision on whether Its worth my time and money.

Lol your kidding right? Who will get the game? ROFL

I'm just buying time, jumping from game to game until that freaken game comes out. I'm so anxious for WvWvW and the exploration packed with dynamic events. Something to finally break the "SUPER-OLD" mmorpg feeling. Where our actions COULD affect the world for others.

[quote name='Jaxx' timestamp='1334549880' post='25571']
i already prepurchased mine
[/quote]

I have a fail internet speed, so I'll have to pre-order at gamestop for my physical copy. That includes losing my 100% chance for beta invite too :( I'm just hoping I'm one of the few that they chose without pre-purchase.

SoSE? I tried it at my cousins house, the gameplay got boring after about 1 ULTRA long game (8 hours)
It lacked the "Armada" feel to it and the limitations of the gravity well makes it "ehh". A full fleet can breeze through a planet with 100% defenses (no production or any economy buildings, just purely defenses) and take little to no losses.

But you got time, Guild wars 2 can be pre-order/pre-purchase and yet there's no actual release date.

One of the main reason I'm buying Guild Wars 2. I've been looking for a nice World PvP game that does not restrict you from playing PvE at the same time. Guild Wars 2 will deliver this :D

http://www.examiner.com/mmo-in-national/guild-wars-2-first-public-beta-officially-dated

all u pre-purchasers ... u lucky dickens :(

there's a rumor gamestop is giving beta codes to pre-orders, hopefully mine will give me one 2morrow when i pre-order :D

alrdy pre-purchased the one in the middle without all the collectors edition stuff. just waiting for it so i can bring all my gw1 stuff over.

once its released, bye bye chatfield3:modern hackusations. good riddance to all platforms developed by EA, churning out half-assed products.

lol... i wish they allow u to change account names of guild wars 1. then i'd have most of my HoM too. But they don't so... I had to make a new account.
Sigh, stupid hackers.

wow that sucks. i dont think HoM is really that important in gw2. they havent clarified whether or not the epic armor or weapons will really carry over to any character or profession yet. yea the titles were fun, but i get the feelin they probably hyped up the HoM because i dont see my charr running around with epic armor at the start.

[quote name='ElementDot' timestamp='1334623970' post='25682']
SoSE? I tried it at my cousins house, the gameplay got boring after about 1 ULTRA long game (8 hours)
It lacked the "Armada" feel to it and the limitations of the gravity well makes it "ehh". A full fleet can breeze through a planet with 100% defenses (no production or any economy buildings, just purely defenses) and take little to no losses.

But you got time, Guild wars 2 can be pre-order/pre-purchase and yet there's no actual release date.
[/quote]

I am not sure which one you played but a well built defense network can cripple a fleet until the real fleet arrives.

It is the best Space RTS built and it is rumored to be the hardest as well as its considered a 4X RTS unlike games like Age of Empires/ WC3/SC

Lots of tactics and skill :P but not for everyone.

I played the trinity one. I'm talking about the building limitations that each planet gravity well could have lol.

The only fun thing I found when playing this.. Is building super weapons on every planet possible and allow them fire off to different solar systems while having your main fleet and three orbital bases sits around the star where enemies come in.

Who all is playing the Beta Event this weekend?

I downloaded the client on my home PC already. Then maybe the store to stock up on snacks and other such things. Now just the small task of deciding what class I'm going to play.

-CT

So there I am, just rerolled elementalist after a few hours as a warrior and who do I see not 5 minutes into the starting zone? Elementaldot calling out my name. Definitely did not expect to run into another ADK member during the beta lol :P (even though it turns out he said the server he'd be on in a separate post that I didn't see)

Its over :(.
I managed to record the 1 hour closing event. But its boring in the middle because our battlegroup was stuck at a town due to several spawning scaled mob that spawns after the next one dies.