Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

I am looking into upgrading or purchasing new parts for my PC. I seem to leave it turned on VERY frequently (Not to mention game for extended hours) and would like to find any way to help with energy use. Any Ideas?

Thanks!

@[member='Tygersthunder']

That's a tough question.  Try using sleep mode with it if you want to save energy.  That will be your best bet with any equipment that's not being used as a server. 

Nice! Thanks for the idea with the kill-a-watt meter. I hadn't considered using that as a method of tracking.

I have my comp set to the sleep mode as of now. I may need to reduce the time before sleeping. My Fiancé is giving me glaring looks...

:blink: :blink: :blink:

Tried , Wake on lan where you send magic packet to modem then boom she wakes up ( requires home router that supports static ARP to work properly) , or possibly speed stepping in the bios to allow voltage tweak down when its idle , windows has tonnes of power managment options to allow the pc turn off various items after defined periods of times.