Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
desdiinova

ADK Website Mobile Support

Would it be at all possible to make this site better when on a mobile device? I can view it just fine but it's set up all weird and I don't like it really :3

There is currently no OFFICIAL Apple or Android app for IPB. There will be one shortly, since there was an upgrade done to the software itself last week. I won't be upgrading the board until the skin is upgraded. The only issue that there is right with the current mobile is just the main page, which I'm looking to see if it'll just send directly to the forums. But I have a link on the main page to go to the forums anyways, so just click on that and you'll be good. Personally I prefer using our current mobile theme when on my phone rather than the main design. I find it easy to use, easy to respond, etc. .

Currently I don't have anyone to code an official Android/Apple app for us, so designing something would just add to the pile of designs that we've made in the past. If anybody has the ability to do any coding for both of those platforms, please send me a message. Thanks

My main problem with it is just that it's so different from what it is on PC.

Idk about you guys, but on my phone it's just got a white background, I then it starts with like donations, TS info, etc on and on down the things along the right-hand side of what's on the home page and then finally gets to the actual content. It'd be cool if it was more like the website itself.

There will be an update coming soon as I said, there's no official date. BUT they stated it would be near when the latest update is released (which was just released last week) Right now we can't do anything with the current theme. And it is indeed a light theme, that's the main board color. . So that's what they give us for free. And the mobile site isn't supposed to be like main website, it's supposed to be quick and easy to navigate in a sense. As I said there is the main page, which is screwed up because it isn't meant for the app that we use as our main site. But if you click on "Forums" you'll be where you need to be and then you can navigate that way.

If you want to use the full version of the site, at the bottom of the page you can scroll down and select "Full Version" or whatever it says. lol

But as of now, nothing can be done. And if someone wants to code something that integrates with IPB feel free to send me a message and then we can take ideas and do something with them. But for anybody who used IP way back when, it's no longer the same thing. It's not that simple to just make a skin and apply it. Actual coding does need to be done, php, js, etc. . So we need someone who knows and works with IPB. . as well as Android/iOS or has the time to learn everything about it, in a timely manner as well. Since IPB will be releasing both Android AND iOS apps here in the near future.

So if we want something to be done, find me a developer that can put in the time needed to make it and tell them to contact me and then we can go from there with ideas.

Oh well there it is, no more complaints lol the full version is all I wanted as it works fine for my phone :P I don't really have time in between busy and not busy when I'm away from home (i.e. my computer) -- either I'm too busy to check or I'm too bored to care how quick and easy it is, so I just prefer the full version because my phone's screen is big enough to make it look fine, but that might just be me. Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't know it was there.

The mobile site is 10x better on Mobile.. Trust me, and AOB soo true.. I have over 5gb's of graphics, themes and logo's for ADK. lol. But i was'nt thinking of a Android/iOS app i was thinking of a replacement frontpage. lol

and yea, i keep thinking that stupid tapatalk crap. lol

It's not available in the US store and you'll get a "your request could not be completed error". It says it's available in UK, but they said they removed it all together, because of the new one they are releasing. They said they removed it due to the fact that they weren't happy with it and what it provided and that's why they are making a new one.

Yup, its uk only...

and Danny I sent you a text, but idk if you got it.. Anyway tochange just the mobile site's navigation? I know I am missing something tho
[attachment=372:forums.png]
[attachment=373:recruitment.png]
[attachment=374:serverstats.png]
really quick.

Sorry, phone is across the room. Think it's on vibrate.

But I don't think there is. I'll look into it, but it'd have to be a built in menu, which someone will be making for the main page here soon. I think it'll be the next update that they release. So it'll be a more uniform look. Not exactly 100% certain since I haven't been updated in like 4 days due to being out of town. But i'll be looking into it since I'm starting to upgrade the site.

Did not see any other topics on this subject, so I thought I would dig this one out of the ground. :)

As a noob to the community, I would love tapatalk support.  It is a nice app and makes forums so much easier to browse on a phone.

Just my $0.02

Mugzy