Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
=ADK= warspite

Gaming Rigs

I'm trying it a different way. I don't know if it will work, but I though I would give it a go. More to follow. In any event, if it doesn't work, no harm done as I have my drive imaged.

I set up the RAID array in the usual way and had no problems. Doing a clean install of Windows now... all is running smoothly. System is still a mess, with no cable management and the HDD bays aren't even screwed into the case. I must say though that I'm impressed with how well it is working. Win7 x64 installed amazingly fast onto the RAID array, and the two 300GB HDDs, formatted out, give me a little better than 550GB storage. This evening, I will tidy up the rig and begin the slog of installing all of my applications. Should be fun. More to follow (and pics!) as things develop. I will say one thing now, that damn Mugen heatsink/fan is freaking H U G E ! ! ! It weighs like 3 pounds! Lucky I bought low-profile memory, or else I'd be screwed as it covers 3/4 DIMM slots. I thought my Xigmatek S1213 was big, but it looks like a stock cooler compared to the Mugen. LoL

AWWW YEAH!

Im gonna join you here soon by next hopefully. I got my shit picked out!

Heres the items im getting to replace my current motherboard, cpu, and ram.

Ram: (Ripjaw cus we dont play son!): 79.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231444

Motherboard (Sabertooth p67 cus this isnt a pussy power house ran by slave childern in china!): 219.00

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004K330KK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

CPU (Intel i5 2500k cus 4 cores all I need to make your momma cry): 224.99

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004EBUXHQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

And whats this a bonus?! Does this motherfucker 0237850q312753o4[ihfosdw'fo'asdngd

Have amazon prime so he can get free 2 day shipping? YOU BET YOUR ASS he does!

But wait! And his dad is buying the RAM for him?! AWWWW SHEEEIIITTTTTTTTTTTT!

This motherfucker is gonna be tearing up BC2 and BF3, Watch out ADK! (community!)

I had also decided on the pro. But its hard to find right now. No big deal right now but I want i5 before BF3 comes out because im stuggling with Bad Company2 right now and BF3 isnt gonna be any more forgiving.

Gozer was that a micro board? I dont want a micro. I have other shit to add to the motherboard. And later on another gtx 470 if i need to.

ATX, no micro

AWWW YEAH!

Im gonna join you here soon by next hopefully. I got my shit picked out!

Heres the items im getting to replace my current motherboard, cpu, and ram.

Ram: (Ripjaw cus we dont play son!): 79.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231444

Motherboard (Sabertooth p67 cus this isnt a pussy power house ran by slave childern in china!): 219.00

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004K330KK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

CPU (Intel i5 2500k cus 4 cores all I need to make your momma cry): 224.99

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004EBUXHQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

And whats this a bonus?! Does this motherfucker 0237850q312753o4[ihfosdw'fo'asdngd

Have amazon prime so he can get free 2 day shipping? YOU BET YOUR ASS he does!

But wait! And his dad is buying the RAM for him?! AWWWW SHEEEIIITTTTTTTTTTTT!

This motherfucker is gonna be tearing up BC2 and BF3, Watch out ADK! (community!)

Why are we getting the practically same stuff? except I got 8gb of ram, not 4.

c'mon man, step up your game.

Why are we getting the practically same stuff? except I got 8gb of ram, not 4.

c'mon man, step up your game.

Same stuff? Lol Im sure my memory isnt the same. This is the CLS6 and 1600 mhz. I was gonna go with MSI but since my dads buying the memory, i got more headroom for a mobo

Same stuff? Lol Im sure my memory isnt the same. This is the CLS6 and 1600 mhz. I was gonna go with MSI but since my dads buying the memory, i got more headroom for a mobo

Yeah, I plan on getting the sabertooth, and i5-2500k, dont know what else your getting but yeah . . .

Sabertooth is good. I plan to SLI if I can find a good deal on another gtx 470 later on. Also the UEFI on the Asus motherboards is setup a lot nicer. I have seen some videos on the interface and most options are right there. MSI has a bunch of menus and stuff, which isnt bad or anything. Though one thing people are complaining about is that there are still some bugs that ASUS needs to work out. But EFI updates are easy, all you need is a jump drive and boom you should be done, even if you screw up you have 2 EFI chips on the board.

My second option was the Gigabyte UD3 but FFS they decided not to do UEFI. WTF!?! They are gonna lose major sales because of that. Though they have done a lot to make the legacy style work. I think tho Gigabyte has decided to add EFI in so I dunno maybe they will make another version with it. But it seams like a waste of time to me if they tdidnt to it in the first place.

yeah, I searched up what UEFI was right afterwards war talked about it. and I don't know if i missed it or something but, it didn't say that the Sabertooth provided UEFI, it stated UEFI under various other boards, but it did not pop up on the Sabertooth, I don't know if they just didn't enter it or not; but I wouldn't be the one to say.

[quote name='Cynda' timestamp='1301856297' post='5547']
yeah, I searched up what UEFI was right afterwards war talked about it. and I don't know if i missed it or something but, it didn't say that the Sabertooth provided UEFI, it stated UEFI under various other boards, but it did not pop up on the Sabertooth, I don't know if they just didn't enter it or not; but I wouldn't be the one to say.
[/quote]
the sabertooth has BIOS judging by the newegg comments

So far, Asus has the best UEFI interface. Mine really isn't too different from BIOS looks-wise, although it has all the UEFI capabilities. I think that, in time, the major UEFI bugs that folks are talking about will be ironed out. Like anything else, it was probably rushed into production while it was little more than a beta for marketing considerations. In time, I'm sure it will be pretty neat.

[quote name='Shozzking' timestamp='1301866424' post='5550']
the sabertooth has BIOS judging by the newegg comments
[/quote]

Yeah the comments are misleading. People are still calling it Bios when really it is UEFI. While the Bios is not fully replaced by the UEFI system. Bios is still responsible for POST and system check up on boot. Its really hard to explain and kinda tricky to understand. While UEFI has the "Bios" functionality and such it is not the Bios itself.

Read more about it here:

http://www.uefi.org/about/

And you scared me and i double checked on the Sabertooth, it does have UEFI according to hardwarecanucks.com:

"From a specs point-of-view, the Sabertooth P67 benefits from the new DIGI+ VRM, it supports front and rear-panel USB 3.0 ports, has 2 SATA 6Gb/s ports, and also comes with the Intel Gigabit LAN controller. Gamers will be glad to know that this model supports both CrossFireX and SLI support. The new UEFI BIOS has also found its way onto this model."

Finally I have all the parts I need! Though, she still needs a name . . .

Also, sorry for not being around that much on the servers, I stop by website daily but I have just been busy with the end of school drawing near with projects and finals. when summer starts and when I get it built, I'll be back on the servers.

I got it up and running with a little help from my friends. It's working fine and all, just cant figure out how to get all the case fans to work...

Sign in to follow this