Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
  • Announcements

• Dowin

=ADK= Discord Link   04/24/2017

Come join us in =ADK= Discord To download the Discord app go here: https://discordapp.com/   Discord is going to have a small learning curve over teamspeak so be prepared, but the fellow members as well as the Admins will gladly help you if you have any issues with installing or using the app. Once you have Discord installed all that's left to do is click the button below.   Welcome to the future of the =ADK= Community.   Click Here To Join! 
Wesker

Windows 10 and Gaming on Windows

With Windows 10 coming out in the middle of this year, Microsoft has announced that they're going to bring back gaming on the PC.  This was concluded with them putting an Xbox on windows 10 (nothing new they have that on Windows 8 lol) but that brings to my mind... if they're going to bring the xbox games, I assume Next Gen, could there be a chance that we would see Halo 5 on PC?

If they're bringing back PC gaming, they're going to need to step up their game, quick.  They took a step backwards in memory management compared to Windows 8.1.  NVidia surround is very very broken.  I could go on, but you get my point.

Yes -- I am aware the Win 10 is still beta :)  But Win7 and 8 betas were much more polished compared to 10 at this stage.

yeah, I watched some of the windows 10 webcast, they have a cool looking holographic headset, adding xbox one streaming to pc, and anounced fable legends is coming to pc

I signed up for the beta but I don't have the stones to risk jacking up my partitions.

You could always set up Win 10 in a vmware to try it out. I did that with 8 and realized that was a big NOPE.

@[member='jonhuggs']

True point, but MS admitted when they fired most of the team that MS didn't support it like they should have. I would guess after watching Steam blow up and even Origin make strides they are left with a big WTF!!!!

@[member='Toby']

Why do you hate W8? If you say metro... I'll explode cause you don't ever have to look at the metro screen. I ask because the performance alone is worth the upgrade for $65 bucks. Yeah a few things moved around but the core of Windows 7 is there just better. Start screen gone, but a simple right click shows you a menu same as the start screen and the search feature is 99% more efficient then clicking through menus. Granted to late now with win 10, but it could flop too. It still is a all in one OS.

Edited by Bromance

My friend Vendeta44 Has been running Windows 10 as a Primary OS for about 2 months now, It needs work, like storing monitor configs is terrible, He only games on one screen though so it works just fine once setup, However each reboot will reset the config for him, don't know since it updated though.

They brought back a Start Menu Hybrid, Which works alot nicer for you DIe hards, but can go to fullscreen mode at the touch of a button, which extends the start Menu window to take the whole screen, but it keeps the same layout, just spreads out and shows more. I really like it, but I learned how to use the start screen and have no issues with it now.

I would switch if not for the Issues running my monitors.

I would love to see a modern Halo game that is available on the PC as well. People underestimate how many people play computer games and hopefully with Windows 10, we can have more of a transition into the PC gaming community.  

Windows 10 looks promising if you ask me, I've heard Microsoft intends for this to be the last version of Windows produced, before they move onto bigger and better things (Basically Windows with a new name i'd assume, most likely meant more for phones and tablets as well.)

I've heard theres a new browser on Windows 10, has anyone used it, do they think it better than Internet Explorer?

Personally I will be trying Windows 10, but I can't guarantee I will be using it, if it doesn't support Star Wars: The Old Republic that is.

For all we know, Microsoft could hit it big with this version of Windows, just like good old 7.

So is it that Xbox is on windows, or that they support cross platform gameplay? Because that also raises the question are Mouse and Key players gonna be able to go against controller players? buddy of mine who plays xbox said that sounds a bit unfair, since well, pc master race and all lol