Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
compspeed

Nvidia 600 series cards?

I was chating with another player and we seemed to be having the same issues with our cards.  He has a 680 & I have a 660,  our games minimize, then it starts like blinking.  Is this Nvidia's way of making us buy a newer one?  The reason I even have a nvidia card, was the fact that there drivers were so rock solid in the past.  Has Nvidia got money hungry, or could this be something I'm missing somewhere else?  I've had more problems with this card than any other card in the past, even ATI cards!  If I keep going through things like this,  my next card will be a ATI.

No beta drivers,  running windows 7 pro, i5 3470,  EVGA GTX 660 SC, ASUS P8Z77-V LK MOBO, 8BG Corsair High Perform Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz, Toshiba 1TB 7200 rpm sata HD, Ulta LSP 750w v2, in a Thermaltake Versa II case.

With the responses that I was getting, I reassessed my configuration, piece by piece.  I guess human error may play a part....  What I've found so far was.

* Ram was in wrong Dimms

*Ram wasn't set to right frequency (it was under-clocked and voltage wasn't right)

*Graphics card slot was set to 2.0 instead of 3.0

*iGPU Boost was turned off

After finding this and fixing this I will see if problem persists.  Thanks to the responses!

Can someone move this over to the proper section?

@[member='Nova']

@[member='VinasSol']

@[member='nikolairimskyk']

@[member='Marcinkoman']

Edited by GeekDucks

If you use ati you'l have even more problems, with everything you can have problems, but with ati i have big problems with performance in crossfire and problems with general performance in allot of games. :))

It may be software or hardware problems, but it must have a fix don't despair.