• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Element

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:50 AM

http://www.forbes.co...rm-a-999-titan/

O-O ... its wrong right?

#2 =ADK= warspite

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:46 AM

If you're really needing max eye candy at 1920x1080 or higher, this setup could be for you.  If I were a youTuber and wanted the content on my channel to look really nice (all the eye candy turned on), I would would be sorely tempted by this solution as it will probably work pretty well with most AAA titles.

On the other hand, I'm not a youTuber (although I love watching xfactor, lvlcap, matimi0, etc. just to name a few) and I play with most of my settings on "Low" at 1920x1080.  With my single GTX670, my frames are at all times greater than 115 FPS in BF3 and are mostly at my FPS cap of 121 FPS.  Playing at low settings is pretty much a function of choice as I'm able to play more competitively (not die as much hahaha) with the eye candy minimalized.

I always recommend configuring your system based on what you think your needs will be.  I also recommend that wherever possible, keep your system as simple you can.  Doing so will keep your costs down in the long term.  It's not very hard to build a powerful system, but by the same token it is possible to be separated from more of your money than you need to be.  I would ask, do you really need a GTX 760 SLI setup (for ~ $550) and what that entails; or would a single-card 770 (for $400) do the trick?  Only the user can answer that question based on what they think they need.

If you're not a youTube content creator, are a casual gamer, and play at 1920x1080,  I think that a person has all the power they need with a decent i5/i7 CPU, an 1155 chipset (or newer) mobo, a single GTX 670 or newer GPU, and an SSD.  If you've got that, I have no doubt that you can play just about any AAA title out there and be satisfied with your all around system performance.

On a separate note, one upgrade I made several months ago that has paid off really well (and will continue to pay off) is investing in a decent 120Hz monitor.  The difference between gaming at 60Hz and 120Hz is significant and I can say without hesitation that motion in game is far more crisp, fluid, and life-like.  It is something that can't really be described, but if you are able to see a demo (at an electronics store), you will be a believer.  I would recommend buying/evaluating a 120Hz monitor from a retailer that has a 30-day money back guarantee.  Find such a retailer, unpack the monitor carefully (so it can be returned if you're not convinced), and give it a try.  As long as your video card card can deliver 100+ FPS consistently (120Hz being the ideal), you will be shocked by the difference... I know I was.

war

Edited by =ADK= warspite, 09 July 2013 - 08:48 AM.

#3 caveman70

caveman70

=ADK= Fanatic

•  Lead Veteran Admin
  • 3,244 posts
Accomplished

Donator

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:22 PM

nice warspite, as usual. 

when i'm in need of a new computer i know where to knock :) 

#4 -Grimreaperx2-

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:48 PM

Meh what War said im not gonna even bother, but I have a gtx 760 right now, plays bf3 with 100 fps no problem. I honestly think the Titan is a piece of overpriced crap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users