13 replies to this topic

#1 FoShizzle

FoShizzle

• =ADK= Inactive Member
  • 21 posts
Neutral
    IGN:FoShizzle

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:36 AM

for those of you with poor fps you might wanna check this out.

http://www.coderbag....Parking-Utility

from what i hear it can boos performance by quite a bit on AMD rigs especially.
gave me a slight boost and made loading times faster. i heard its a HUGE gain on AMD rigs, but i have an intel.

i7 2770k 4.5ghz (liquid cooled)
16GB GSkill RAM
GTX 670 2gb

#2 Kryxi

Kryxi

=ADK= Fanatic

• =ADK= Members
  • 1,409 posts
Favourable
    IGN:Kryxi

Steam Profile

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:41 AM

Do you have trouble running it with that or what?

#3 FoShizzle

FoShizzle

• =ADK= Inactive Member
  • 21 posts
Neutral
    IGN:FoShizzle

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

no. fps dips to 40 in large battles. ppl on teamspeak were sayin they were at like 20fps with AMD 8150 (er whatever the 8 core one is) tho and i guess this is a major fix. i got like +5fps from this fix, but i7s apparently it doesnt make a huge difference.

#4 bash0001

bash0001

• =ADK= Members
  • 30 posts
Neutral

Steam Profile

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:14 PM

With 4x i7 intells, 12Gigs DDR3, 2x Nvidia 295 GTX (SLI), ASUS P6T Deluxe, Velociraptor x2  hard drive, I get sometimes suckie FPS too.  Granted my Video cards are old and need updating but they work fine for anything other than Planetside 2.  (not able yet to shell out $1400 for 2 GTX 780s)  I sometimes in large battles, like BioSphere Platform battles, get around 20FPS.  My Alienware is 6 years old would like to squeeze a couple more years out of it.  ANY SUGGESTIONS?   Running a RAM HOG OS . . . Windows Vista Ultimate.   All the literature says I should be able to play Planetside 2 on Ultimate graphics settings but I can't.  I actually do better with low graphics settings and using only one of my GTX 295.  Something is wrong besides my old age Graphics cards and I don't know what it is.

#5 Veniox

Veniox

• =ADK= Members
  • 25 posts
Neutral
    IGN:Veniox

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:26 AM

Gonna try it out, I use AMD and freeze up quite often, it's annoying. I hope it'll help :D

#6 Veniox

Veniox

• =ADK= Members
  • 25 posts
Neutral
    IGN:Veniox

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:29 AM

Are you supposed to park or unpark if you want to boost FPS, I'm pretty sure it's unpark but not sure.

#7 Guest_bwsjuggalo_*

Guest_bwsjuggalo_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:13 PM

With 4x i7 intells, 12Gigs DDR3, 2x Nvidia 295 GTX (SLI), ASUS P6T Deluxe, Velociraptor x2 hard drive, I get sometimes suckie FPS too. Granted my Video cards are old and need updating but they work fine for anything other than Planetside 2. (not able yet to shell out $1400 for 2 GTX 780s) I sometimes in large battles, like BioSphere Platform battles, get around 20FPS. My Alienware is 6 years old would like to squeeze a couple more years out of it. ANY SUGGESTIONS? Running a RAM HOG OS . . . Windows Vista Ultimate. All the literature says I should be able to play Planetside 2 on Ultimate graphics settings but I can't. I actually do better with low graphics settings and using only one of my GTX 295. Something is wrong besides my old age Graphics cards and I don't know what it is.

its the old junk, sell your cards and go to ebay.

#8 Guest_Andraline_*

Guest_Andraline_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:33 PM

I run an AMD processor, I will definitely try this out and post when I get results. I don't really know how many frames i get regular, how do you check that in PS2??

#9 Bayudness

Bayudness

Officer Tier 1

• PlanetSide 2 Officer
  • 60 posts
Excellent
    IGN:Bayudness

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:29 AM

The problem isnt really the parked cores its the software itself. To take advantage of more than 2 cores the multithreading code in the software needs to be optimised for 4-8 cores. Unfortunately most software including planetside isnt. This is even more evident on AMD cores that are designed heavily for multithreading and take bigger hits when the software isnt very good at multithreading. Most major coders are now starting to multi thread allot more which I believe was a major part of the optimisation for PS2(altho its better its still not great at multi-threading).

As for taking care of parked cores and system optimisation.

I recomend http://www.razerzone.com/gamebooster. It takes care of parked cores like the above utility + optimizes services and applications that are running while gaming(you would be amazed at the number of services that windows runs by default that NOBODY ever uses like drawing pad support) + it defrags and optimizes game specific folders + it checks gaming specific drivers that allot of people never think about like USB and core drivers and ethernet drivers.This is about the best you can do other than expensive hardware upgrades and massive overclocking to achieve better game performance.  

Hope this helps. Most people see about a ~20% increase in performance regardless of which type of base machine they have.

#10 RigorMortiis

RigorMortiis

Addict

• PlanetSide 2 Officer
  • 448 posts
Favourable
    IGN:RigorMortiis

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:04 PM

unparking cores is mainly for laptops. because laptops park the cores to save energy when you don't need them..this will do nothing On a desktop PC.. i tried this a long time ago and I run AMD. odds are if you run a desktop and you go into the settings to unpark your cores you will see they are allready unparked. if not you got a strange desktop, As @buyudness said  Gamebooster CAN help but not always.. on my system I noticed no improvement(my system is already over clocked)  as far as I know gamebooster Force overclocks you Processor or GPU while also shutting down some backround windows processes.    Its worth a try but there is a good chance you won't notice anything.. specially with games like planetside.

Edited by RigorMortiis, 06 January 2014 - 09:11 PM.

#11 RigorMortiis

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:15 PM

I run an AMD processor, I will definitely try this out and post when I get results. I don't really know how many frames i get regular, how do you check that in PS2??

you can check your frames In game with ALT+F

#12 theMLGbro58

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:27 PM

The performance patch has made Planetside 2 playable for me since I use a laptop with a amd a6, and with low settings i can run a big battle with about 15-20 fps and a small battle at 30 fps, and i havnt had to lower my resolution yet.  

#13 Fruitcake115

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:37 PM

i un-parked my cores awhile ago but i didn't even really notice a performance boost :/

#14 Guest_bwsjuggalo_*

Guest_bwsjuggalo_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:41 PM

i un-parked my cores awhile ago but i didn't even really notice a performance boost :/

core unparking is aimed for amd not intel and for laptops mostly.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fps, amd, performance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users